Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, here's one way to slice it...Not for the faint of heart
Sounds like Cousins and the Vikings were just a match made in heaven, pf; just a perfect fit.  B)

Quote: @"njvike" said:
LMAO!

When did “true” Vikings fans become such whiney little bitches? Why can’t the BAF’s (blind allegiance fans) ever just accept the reality that this team has been the model of mediocrity for the past 4 decades? And that most fans are just simply tired of hearing the same old bullshit excuses?

The OP just stated FACTS. No matter how you attempt to “excuse” the losses....those games remain LOSSES. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

You know how teams like the Bucs, Saints, Rams, Patriots and Colts went from being after thoughts entering the 21st century to champions? They actually WON Super Bowls!  What a novel fucking idea! Like, you ACTUALLY win multiple playoff games and win a championship by, wait for iiiiiiiiit.....WINNING! Who’da thunk it? 

The harsh reality for the current trifecta of Dicky, Micky and Kirky is that they ALL share a well documented history of playoff futility. That’s not my opinion, it’s a fact...just look at their records.  And that’s with multiple teams, not just with the Vikings. It’s an indisputable trend for all of them. 

The only way this trio can change that reality is to WIN multiple playoff games THIS SEASON. Period. One and done or 1 and 1 won’t do it. 

If they make the playoffs, and I don’t care if the Vikings go 13-3 or 8-8 in the regular season to do so, just win in the postseason. It really is just that simple.

Since Saint Richard joined the organization in 2006, the Vikings have had more home stadiums (3) than playoff wins (2). That is truly pathetic and would be unacceptable for just  about any NFL team. Again, FACT not opinion. 

G’nite!

P.S. It takes 3 or 4 consecutive playoff victories (at least 1 on the road) to win a SB. The last Vikings team to win as many as 2 playoff games was the1987 squad. Since then, 27 of the 32 current NFL teams have managed to equal or surpass that accomplishment. The futile 5? Miami (but at least they have SB trophies), Houston & Cleveland (both expansion teams from @ 1999 or 2000), Detroit and......well, you know who!
It's important to go deeper into the stats for sure, like MarkSP did above. But you're right: the fact remains that doesn't have a win when trailing in the 4th. 

Each side is trying to make an argument that's black and white, but it's not. Cousins isn't great, but there's also something to be said for a poor defense as of late, and I think poor coaching as well.

I think it just reinforces what we already know. Unlike Brady, Brees, and a few others, opponents aren't fearful of Cousins late in games, nor should they be. He's an above average guy overall, and that's it. When I think of QBs I want in there when the game is on the line, I'd put him toward the bottom of the league. Combine that with how our defense has played since 2018, it's a recipe for an almost guaranteed loss.

Vikings road record against all teams
2014-2015 6-8-0
2016 3-5-0
2017 6-3-0
2018-2019 5-7-1

Vikings Road record against teams with winning records
2014-2015 1-5-0
2016 1-3-0
2017 2-3-0
2018-2019 1-6-0

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:

2014-2015 1-5-0
2016 1-3-0
2017 2-3-0
2018-2019 1-6-0
[Image: barf.jpg]

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

2014-2015 1-5-0
2016 1-3-0
2017 2-3-0
2018-2019 1-6-0
My all time favorite pic.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

2014-2015 1-5-0
2016 1-3-0
2017 2-3-0
2018-2019 1-6-0
My all time favorite pic.
Its a classic, for sure.

I’ve always thought that the dude spewing looked a hellava lot like Adam Sandler. Love the double nostril expulsion. Even the Russian judge gave that a 10.