Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, here's one way to slice it...Not for the faint of heart
https://twitter.com/EpKap/status/1191105...2679321601&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2861116-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-in-prime-of-career-has-obj-become-irrelevant

I sense a pattern

Confused

I think it speaks to a whole lot about this team, including the qb...

It would be interesting also to see in how many of those 4th quarters the Vikes had the lead but gave it back.  For instance, in the Chiefs game, he did orchestrate a TD drive to take the lead in the 4th.   Just did nothing afterwards.  Though I have strong reservations about Cousins,  I can't make him 100% responsible for this loss as a fair amount falls on the defensive play calling and execution in the 4th.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
https://twitter.com/EpKap/status/1191105...2679321601&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2861116-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-in-prime-of-career-has-obj-become-irrelevant
In 2018 ....

Against the Bills they were down 27-0 at halftime and Cousins had two fumbles that the Bills converted to 10 points.
Against the Rams they were down 38-28 going into the 4th quarter and Cousins had 422 yards and 3 TDs for the game.Kind of hard to blame him when the defense is giving up 38 pts but that is what many fans do.  Blame the QB for everything.
Against the Saints they were down 27-13 thanks to the pick 6 Cousins threw when Diggs inexplicably stopped running.Against the Bears they could not do anything thanks to the line getting whupped.
Against the Patriots they tied the game 10-10 late in the 3rd only to see the defense give up a 4 play 75 yard drive that resulted in a TD.  Then, the offense goes 3 and out and the defense gives up a 6 play 50 yard drive for a TD that sealed the game.
Against the Seahawks it was 3-0 going into the 4th but once again, the line was getting whupped.
Against the Bears again, they got it to 13-10 late in the 3rd only to see the defense give up a 16 play 75 yard drive that took 9:05 and resulted in a TD and 2 pt conversion.
In 2019 ...Against the Packers they jumped out to a 21-0 lead which had nothing to do with Cousins.  It was 21-16 heading into the 4th.
Against the Bears the line got whupped again and Cook only had 35 yards rushing.
Against the Chiefs, they took the lead 23-20 but the defense could not stop the Chiefs.  They let the Chiefs go on a 17 play 85 yard drive that took 8:56 and resulted in a FG and gave up a 91 yard TD run.  Plus they let Hill get behind them twice, once for a TD.  Cook could only manage 71 yards on 21 carries with one carry going for 22 yards.
Anybody can put together a quick snapshot of the scores heading into the 4th qtr.  Without any context a ill informed and shallow thinking person would be led to believe it is all the QB's fault.

I hope all the fans that do not like Cousins get their wish and the Vikings bring in another QB.  You can best believe they will begin to look at other parts of the team rather than blame their new QB.
No need to name names because they will reveal themselves.

A lot of excuses for why Cousins may not be great. Many of which are valid.
However, the list isn't complete. Let's take another look when the season ends and when his contract ends.
Although I'm not a big believer in Cousins, it's a team sport, and the team hasn't been that great either.
Cousins and the team are fairly inconsistent.

i think he means he is due for a win or two. Ill take a couple this year, preferably in January

LMAO!

When did “true” Vikings fans become such whiney little bitches? Why can’t the BAF’s (blind allegiance fans) ever just accept the reality that this team has been the model of mediocrity for the past 4 decades? And that most fans are just simply tired of hearing the same old bullshit excuses?

The OP just stated FACTS. No matter how you attempt to “excuse” the losses....those games remain LOSSES. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

You know how teams like the Bucs, Saints, Rams, Patriots and Colts went from being after thoughts entering the 21st century to champions? They actually WON Super Bowls!  What a novel fucking idea! Like, you ACTUALLY win multiple playoff games and win a championship by, wait for iiiiiiiiit.....WINNING! Who’da thunk it? 

The harsh reality for the current trifecta of Dicky, Micky and Kirky is that they ALL share a well documented history of playoff futility. That’s not my opinion, it’s a fact...just look at their records.  And that’s with multiple teams, not just with the Vikings. It’s an indisputable trend for all of them. 

The only way this trio can change that reality is to WIN multiple playoff games THIS SEASON. Period. One and done or 1 and 1 won’t do it. 

If they make the playoffs, and I don’t care if the Vikings go 13-3 or 8-8 in the regular season to do so, just win in the postseason. It really is just that simple.

Since Saint Richard joined the organization in 2006, the Vikings have had more home stadiums (3) than playoff wins (2). That is truly pathetic and would be unacceptable for just  about any NFL team. Again, FACT not opinion. 

G’nite!

P.S. It takes 3 or 4 consecutive playoff victories (at least 1 on the road) to win a SB. The last Vikings team to win as many as 2 playoff games was the1987 squad. Since then, 27 of the 32 current NFL teams have managed to equal or surpass that accomplishment. The futile 5? Miami (but at least they have SB trophies), Houston & Cleveland (both expansion teams from @ 1999 or 2000), Detroit and......well, you know who!

More fun with figures:

The Vikings’ inability to beat good teams on the road is well-documented, and it’s been an obstacle for them longer than Cousins has been on their roster. 
The metrics, however you would like to cut them, aren’t good: 
  • The Vikings have won only four times in 20 games on the road against teams with winning records at the time of the game since Mike Zimmer became the coach in 2014, and they are only 5-16 against teams that finished seasons with winning records.
But they are hardly alone in their struggles. According to Pro Fooball Reference, only two teams — the Patriots and Cowboys — have winning records vs. better-than-.500 teams on the road since 2014, and only six (the Patriots, Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers, Eagles and Seahawks) are better than .400. 

But the Vikings’ win-loss percentage against winning teams on the road (.238) is 17th in the league, and a victory Sunday would bump them up to 15th
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-road-...564637602/