Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we better with Wilson?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Gedeon cannot play at all against the pass.  He cannot cover anyone and is not a good blitzer.  He should be an inside LBer in a 3-4 defense.  He has very little value in our defense.  This is a case of Zimmer being stubborn.  He probably does not make many mistakes because he does not get in on many plays.  He does not miss many tackles, but he does not get to many ball carriers either. As a 4th round pick for this defense, he is a compete waste. 
Any team that plays us should have a simple rule. If Gedeon is in the game, we are passing ... and we are passing to whomever he is covering. Every single time.
Or the case of Zimmer simply knowing more about his players than we do. 

Sure, but he is far from infallible.  And Spielman knows more about college prospects than we do, and every OC and DC in the league knows more about NFL offenses and defenses than we do, and ... ad infinitum.  This is a prescription for never voicing an opinion contrary to any decision made by any coach or any official of any team.  In other words, we would all be nothing more than cheerleaders.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Gedeon cannot play at all against the pass.  He cannot cover anyone and is not a good blitzer.  He should be an inside LBer in a 3-4 defense.  He has very little value in our defense.  This is a case of Zimmer being stubborn.  He probably does not make many mistakes because he does not get in on many plays.  He does not miss many tackles, but he does not get to many ball carriers either. As a 4th round pick for this defense, he is a compete waste. 
Any team that plays us should have a simple rule. If Gedeon is in the game, we are passing ... and we are passing to whomever he is covering. Every single time.

Sure, but he is far from infallible.  And Spielman knows more about college prospects than we do, and every OC and DC in the league knows more about NFL offenses and defenses than we do, and ... ad infinitum.  This is a prescription for never voicing an opinion contrary to any decision made by any coach or any official of any team.  In other words, we would all be nothing more than cheerleaders.
or just my opinion that good NFL coaches don't do stupid things like start someone because he harkens back to the 60s.  Zimmer has admitted to making mistakes.  So he is not infallible.  But I doubt Gedeon is starting while Wilson is much better.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:

opinion and backsides.  Everybodies got one.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:

or just my opinion that good NFL coaches don't do stupid things like start someone because he harkens back to the 60s.  Zimmer has admitted to making mistakes.  So he is not infallible.  But I doubt Gedeon is starting while Wilson is much better.
Not saying Wilson is great. He's just OK. And Gedeon may be OK in a 3-4. But he is not good in a 4-3. I hope Gedeon starts playing great. I just don't think he can. Not in this defense.  Zimmer decides who plays.  All I do is watch. And what I see is that Gedeon is too slow to get to the edge.  And he cannot cover anyone.  . . .
But you are right, Zimmer can play whoever he wants.

As others have pointed out: Wilson definitely flashes more... but perhaps part of that is due to him not doing his own job.  I've seen him be out of position on some running plays... but, to be honest, I don't even remember Gedeon making any tackles.  So... in Zim I trust.  (For now... which is how every Viking fan expresses confidence)

I think Gideon is a solid role players, but I think Wilson has the skills to be a star.  He has all the athletic ability and plays with a lot of fire.  Seems like a much better fit with Kendricks and Barr.  

Wilson has speed that Geodeon  doesn't.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
Wilson has a pulse that Gedeon  doesn't.
Fixed B)

I think when Wilson is in, we ask him to do more...he's much quicker... Better anticipation...