Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we better with Wilson?
Sounds like Gedeon is ready to play, but are we better with Wilson?

https://twitter.com/Luke_SpinmanNFL/stat...90592?s=20

Spielman said it on the broadcast just before this play: 'I wouldn't be fooled by the play action on this'. They all knew it was going to be pass and the staff told them as much. So yep, I like how they played this but I think its more about the preparation by the defensive coaches than anything Wilson did in particular on this one play. 

I think Wilson is more rangy than Gedeon, but maybe Gedeon is just more consistent is my guess?

I'm thinking they both play.  Also, they both play on ST, so it's good to have Gedeon back again.  Wilson does play fast, and I like him on the blitzes.  He's earned his playing time, but Gedeon makes plays too.

2 very different styles one shows in the stats (Wilson) and the other does not.  Both have their rolls.

If I had to choose between Wilson and Gedeon, it would not be a close call.  It's Wilson (and I'm a Michigan guy). Gedeon is the old school type LBer: he's good against the run so long as the RB does not cut back.  He's really too slow for the modern NFL.  He should have played in the 60s and 70s.  I guess that's why Zimmer likes him. They even drafted his clone from  USC, Smith.  Another LBer whose ideal NFL days have long passed. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Spielman said it on the broadcast just before this play: 'I wouldn't be fooled by the play action on this'. They all knew it was going to be pass and the staff told them as much. So yep, I like how they played this but I think its more about the preparation by the defensive coaches than anything Wilson did in particular on this one play. 

I think Wilson is more rangy than Gedeon, but maybe Gedeon is just more consistent is my guess?

That would be my guess.  Maybe Gedeon does his job consistently and doesn't get out of position.  Dunno, but it isn't because of his looks. Or that he is a 1960s throwback. 

Gedeon cannot play at all against the pass.  He cannot cover anyone and is not a good blitzer.  He should be an inside LBer in a 3-4 defense.  He has very little value in our defense.  This is a case of Zimmer being stubborn.  He probably does not make many mistakes because he does not get in on many plays.  He does not miss many tackles, but he does not get to many ball carriers either. As a 4th round pick for this defense, he is a compete waste. 
Any team that plays us should have a simple rule. If Gedeon is in the game, we are passing ... and we are passing to whomever he is covering. Every single time.

They both are really valuable on STs, and that's a big deal.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
Gedeon cannot play at all against the pass.  He cannot cover anyone and is not a good blitzer.  He should be an inside LBer in a 3-4 defense.  He has very little value in our defense.  This is a case of Zimmer being stubborn.  He probably does not make many mistakes because he does not get in on many plays.  He does not miss many tackles, but he does not get to many ball carriers either. As a 4th round pick for this defense, he is a compete waste. 
Any team that plays us should have a simple rule. If Gedeon is in the game, we are passing ... and we are passing to whomever he is covering. Every single time.
Or the case of Zimmer simply knowing more about his players than we do. 

I say... 

[Image: MV5BMTUwNjA5ODkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA3...68_AL_.jpg]

[Image: volleyballs_Wilson_H4615_Cast_Away_Mr_Wi...tional.jpg]

[Image: wilson1.png]