Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahomes crunched by Irving
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ralphie said:
KC's defense will be the reason the Chiefs will not play February football.  Absolutely sieve-like.
Brisett only threw for 151 yards, so it wasn't like their D was horrible. Mack had a good game for them at RB, but he's played well all year. Chief's D only allowed 19 points....4 FGs by their kicker. 

If they can't stop Mack, they sure as heck won't stop Cook/Mattison.  Indy played it conservatively....not turning the ball over to Mahomes at home and giving him a short field.  That's how you beat these pretenders...keep Mahomes on the sidelines and run the ball down their throats. The Chef's looked very mortal last night against a very stout Indy D.  And they should have lost against the Lions last week.
I like your optimism, Ralphie. And a win is always good. But the Vikings have been stuck in the win one, lose one thing now and they play a pretty good Eagles team this upcoming Sunday. A loss on Sunday and its back to doom and gloom. 

The Chiefs are going to be right there for the AFC title, no doubt in my mind. Minnesota in the NFC? Doubtful. Let's take baby steps and see if they can beat a team with a winning record first. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ralphie said:
KC's defense will be the reason the Chiefs will not play February football.  Absolutely sieve-like.
Brisett only threw for 151 yards, so it wasn't like their D was horrible. Mack had a good game for them at RB, but he's played well all year. Chief's D only allowed 19 points....4 FGs by their kicker. 

If they can't stop Mack, they sure as heck won't stop Cook/Mattison.  Indy played it conservatively....not turning the ball over to Mahomes at home and giving him a short field.  That's how you beat these pretenders...keep Mahomes on the sidelines and run the ball down their throats. The Chef's looked very mortal last night against a very stout Indy D.  And they should have lost against the Lions last week.
I like your optimism, Ralphie. And a win is always good. But the Vikings have been stuck in the win one, lose one thing now and they play a pretty good Eagles team this upcoming Sunday. A loss on Sunday and its back to doom and gloom. 

The Chiefs are going to be right there for the AFC title, no doubt in my mind. Minnesota in the NFC? Doubtful. Let's take baby steps and see if they can beat a team with a winning record first. 

Don't disagree, Sticky, with the fact the Chef's will be in the playoff hunt.  But the whole AFC, except for the Pats, looks very mediocre.  Steelers suck...Browns overrated...Ravens are wildly inconsistent...and there is not another legitimate AFC contender sans Indy.  The Chargers could upset the apple cart for Mahomes and Co., but I'm not as fearful of playing KC as I am Seattle, the Bears (again), the Puke (again) or even Philly.  Heck even Detroit. 

I didn't know till last night Mahomes is the kid of the former Twin!

I would love to have had him or Wilson as Viking QB --- sigh.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
@Ralphie said:

Don't disagree, Sticky, with the fact the Chef's will be in the playoff hunt.  But the whole AFC, except for the Pats, looks very mediocre.  Steelers suck...Browns overrated...Ravens are wildly inconsistent...and there is not another legitimate AFC contender sans Indy.  The Chargers could upset the apple cart for Mahomes and Co., but I'm not as fearful of playing KC as I am Seattle, the Bears (again), the Puke (again) or even Philly.  Heck even Detroit. 
My boys are all "mahomes this and mahomes that".  I told them he is a great fantasy QB and human highlight reel, but with Reid coaching, they won't be winning any superbowls.  He is like Denny green in a way, offensive genius but the defense kills his playoff hopes.

Chiefs will still have a better chance to win a SB than the Vikings, should have been there last year if not for some terrible officiating.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Chiefs will still have a better chance to win a SB than the Vikings, should have been there last year if not for some terrible officiating.
Agreed. They'll be in the AFC Championship game again.