Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't know how you defend something like this...
Quote: @HappyViking said:
I was watching that thinking "no way does Cousins even come close to making that play".  My wife (not really a football fan at all) was with me, and she commented "Those uniforms are just god aweful".  She didn't even notice the play. B)
Cousins doesn't throw well against his body. That's a hard thing to do. It requires a strong arm and almost basketball-like agility. There are three QBs I've seen who've done it really well: Wilson, Kaepernick and Sloter. 

But Cousins is a remarkably accurate QB when he doesn't have his head up his ass. That's what is so alarming about this season. He's NEVER been a clutch QB. But he's always been very accurate. Until this year. Go figure. I think Cousins might need a shrink more than a coach. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Purple Haze said:
@HappyViking said:
I was watching that thinking "no way does Cousins even come close to making that play".  My wife (not really a football fan at all) was with me, and she commented "Those uniforms are just god aweful".  She didn't even notice the play. B)
I know Cousins has been terrible this year but did you watch last year, he made some pretty amazing throws.  That being said as good as the pass was it was absolutely  100% LUCKY.  Wilson was running and throwing against his body and dropped it in.  A few inches short and its knocked away a few inches long and its out of bounds.  The catch was great though.

Cousins can drop back and make very nice throws.  RW was on the run and placed that ball perfectly.  No way do I believe KC can make hardly any throw on the run, let alone a play like that one.

Its not the throw itself that I feel was lucky.  I bet a majority of NFL QB's could put the ball within a 1' circle of that same spot a majority of the time.  It was the throw under the circumstances that were pure luck.  A blanketed receiver while throwing against your body on the run.  Any QB is extremely lucky to complete that pass.

IMO it gives Wilson a massive advantage to finding open receivers. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
Cousins doesn't throw well against his body. That's a hard thing to do. It requires a strong arm and almost basketball-like agility. There are three QBs I've seen who've done it really well: Wilson, Kaepernick and Sloter. 

But Cousins is a remarkably accurate QB when he doesn't have his head up his ass. That's what is so alarming about this season. He's NEVER been a clutch QB. But he's always been very accurate. Until this year. Go figure. I think Cousins might need a shrink more than a coach. 
with Diggs showing his true colors,  I wonder how much of Cousins head shit is based on having Diggs in his ear?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

with Diggs showing his true colors,  I wonder how much of Cousins head shit is based on having Diggs in his ear?
A true leader of a QB would tell Diggs to shut his yapper.  Our guy apologizes to the WRs for being so crappy.  Guess 84 mil can only buy a team so much.  B)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:

I think Zim has a bigger effect on Cousins head then Diggs does.