Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food for thought....
In a related story, O'Neill has given up two pressures so far...we might have our LT of the future on the team already...now, if Oli can man the RT spot...we are set...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
We're going to need a better O Line to truly take control of a road game...especially pass blocking...

Trent Williams is still holding out. But I suppose Dan Snyder is not going to let him leave.

If Vikings can beat Chicago, big if, they easily could be 7-1 before a matchup in KC. No purple glasses necessary, just a fact.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Claiming that the Vikings were 75% dominant against the Packers is extremely generous. "Domination" should mean scoring at will, not scoring 5 fewer points than needed to erase the opponents lead. 
I think this is what he means, if you take out the opening script, "Green Bay’s final 11 possessions ended like this: fumble, punt, punt, downs, punt, fumble, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt. In that span, Green Bay was just two of 12 on 3rd downs and they had six drives of four plays or fewer."

So while I'm no fan of qualifiers, it is true that after the 1st quarter the Vikings outscored Green Bay 16-0, while their defense "mostly" dominated a pretty good Green Bay offense. 

Now, that doesn't mean you can just throw out that 1st quarter, but it does mean that an opening script from an offense Zimmer hadn't seen before is what hurt us, and whatever adjustment he made was pretty damned effective. That bodes well. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Vikings can beat Chicago, big if, they easily could be 7-1 before a matchup in KC. No purple glasses necessary, just a fact.
Isn't it that they SHOULD be 7-1 if they beat Chicago? Their first half schedule is pretty easy, and then it gets tough - 6 games against possible playoff teams, 4 of those on the road. Even a 6-2 start with 2 division losses probably means the best to expect is 10 wins. The standard for success with this roster should be higher than 9-10 wins and chasing a wildcard spot.
The loser of the Vikings/Bears game will be alone in last place for the division. There's some food for thought.

In a related story, O'Neill has given up two pressures so far...we might have our LT of the future on the team already...now, if Oli can man the RT spot...we are set...
with NFL defenses blitzing and using their best pass rushers on both ends.... why mess with a good thing?  IMO leave ONeill at RT and find a better LT to eventually replace Reiff.  However I still think our weakness is at the interior OL positions,  we need to get stronger up the middle.

It's easier to fill the RT than the LT spot, but there's definitely some reason s not to change up a good thing...

The Bears O-line and D-line dominated in both games against the Vikings last year. What's different this year is, Joseph is healthy, Shamar should be better than Richardson against the run, the Vikings offensive line is better, aided by the new scheme, and Cook is healthy.
Will it be enough?
Maybe. If Cousins can play without turnovers and the defense can turn over Turbiski. But they will need to stop the run first. 
Probably more important, I won't be able to watch this game due to a fishing trip out west, where there is no TV. So I won't jinx them! Almost guarantees a win!
SKOL Vikes!

It's easier to fill the RT than the LT spot, but there's definitely some reason s not to change up a good thing...
with the defensive lines getting more and more athletic,  and the passing game getting more and more relied upon... I dont think either OT position is easily filled these days,  we have kinda sucked at drafting a person for either one since Load and McKinnie.   Our OL has been such a shit show for so long I am just overly gun shy about messing with anything regardless of what conventional wisdom might say... conventional wisdom has never been on the Vikings side of history.

Cousins REALLY needs to beat an upper echelon team and obviously to do that the whole team must do their part.