Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food for thought....

The Vikings have played 12 quarters of football. They have mostly dominated their opponents for 11 of them.

2/1 is fine
3/1 and I put my fan-agra away
Charchian is a closet cheesehead

I was going to post something similar yesterday. Outside of 3 garbage time TDs given up, and an opening play script from an OC he'd never seen before, Zimmer and the Vikings have outscored their opponents 78 to 7. 

Road test vs. tough division opponent: Viking's mettle will be tested Sunday. National game. Buck and Aikman. Typical Vikings shrinkage or something different this time?

I agree Sticky.   I think a win in Chicago will vault the Vikings on a great run of victories.  A competitive loss is not th end of the world or season, but if the Bears push them around like the did in the season finale last year its over.

They have done what they should have in 2 of their 3 games - they beat up a couple of teams that look like they will end 2019 with about 10 wins between them.
Claiming that the Vikings were 75% dominant against the Packers is extremely generous. "Domination" should mean scoring at will, not scoring 5 fewer points than needed to erase the opponents lead. I know he said "mostly dominant"...did we mostly win 4 Super Bowls in the '70s and mostly win 5 NFC Championships since then?
Push the Bears around in Chicago, and go to New York without having some failure against a weaker roster, and THEN we can excuse week 2 as an aberration.

I need to see the Vikings take control in a game like this on the road for the first time in a LONG time..

Quote: @kmillard said:
I need to see the Vikings take control in a game like this on the road for the first time in a LONG time..
Don't hold your breath, brother. But I always have wishful thinking. 

We're going to need a better O Line to truly take control of a road game...especially pass blocking...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
We're going to need a better O Line to truly take control of a road game...especially pass blocking...
We're preaching from the same hymnal...