Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The use of the FB
Quote: @Ralphie said:
Enjoy a FB while you can.  Their days as a position in the NFL are numbered.....
its a copy cat league,  if the Vikings can continue to have success behind a FB,  I would expect to see more teams try and duplicate the efforts.

I've been saying it for a while. CJ is a freak.  Best MN FB since Richardson.  Better than Felton.

Wow.  3 Good Ones Right There!

He's an absolute pest for front 7 Defenders to get around, and A Punisher when he's running free among the secondary personnel.

The League too quick to abandon FB??

Quote: @kahsmick said:
I've been saying it for a while. CJ is a freak.  Best MN FB since Richardson.  Better than Felton.

He's an absolute pest for front 7 Defenders to get around, and A Punisher when he's running free among the secondary personnel.

Truth be told, it's "old school" football.  I'm sure the NFL marketing guru's have data that says the Jacksons, Mahomes & Watsons and their quick, explosive passing game score better in focus groups better than a FB blocking for a 5 yard running play.  If the top college programs don't feature a FB and continue to adopt the NFL passing game, it won't continue at the pro level.

Our Baby-Boom generation is in the NFL "check out lane" and they don't care what we think anymore.  The NFL is scared sh**less that this next generation of short-attention span millennial brats are going to abandon their concussion-ridden product in droves in favor of women's soccer or competitive eating contests.   

We love the function of what a FB can do in a dominant running attack.  But IMHO, as more and more teams devalue the RB position and look for versatility in their passing game, having three "all-purpose" backs...sadly...makes more $en$e.

Quote: @kahsmick said:

It is kind of cyclical.  D's focus on speed and agility to keep up with the passing game.  LBs get smaller, more hybrid.  Best way to counter that is to run over them.
And on another note, best way to beat Chicago?  Run at Mack.  Make him be a complete player, wear him down.

I remember the days of Bill "Boom Boom" Brown and Dave Osborn.  Like having two fullback in the backfield at the same time.  Both punishing runners.

Quote: @greediron said:
@kahsmick said:

It is kind of cyclical.  D's focus on speed and agility to keep up with the passing game.  LBs get smaller, more hybrid.  Best way to counter that is to run over them.
And on another note, best way to beat Chicago?  Run at Mack.  Make him be a complete player, wear him down.

Greed, I agree with you.  If Hicks is limited this week with that leg injury, keep Mack on his heels and his side of the line of scrimmage.

With that much 21, 22, and 23 personnel being deployed, you'd think we could find a spot for Blasingame...maybe Meadors spot...

More Hamhttps://zonecoverage.com/2019/vikings/second-look-c-j-hams-unique-usage-a-fascinating-piece-of-vikings-offense/

Quote: @greediron said:
More Hamhttps://zonecoverage.com/2019/vikings/second-look-c-j-hams-unique-usage-a-fascinating-piece-of-vikings-offense/

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScFgtB8Hi5VYtPrgYz8hZ...4DkiO1DL8G]