Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Neill to start on Sunday
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Vikings tackle Brian O’Neill said he is ready to go indeed in Sunday opener vs Atlanta. Doesn’t think it will be any issue missing entire preseason with right elbow injury suffered in practice
I'm excited to see how he looks in this new offensive scheme.  It was built for an athletic guy like him...

Head coach Mike Zimmer said Wednesday that O’Neill will play, and O’Neill said he’s good to go.
“I feel great,” he said. “I’m ready to go. There’s no hesitation. I don’t think there should be anything out of the ordinary.”
All of Minnesota’s players practiced Wednesday, including cornerback Mike Hughes, working his way back from a knee injury. Hughes did practiced at least on a limited basis while wearing a brace on his left knee. Zimmer said before the workout that “Hughes is getting real close.”

#Vikings Brian O'Neill expects to quickly get back in game rhythm Sunday: "I’d like to think I’m in a better spot going into a game than I was going into something like this (last year as a rookie)... Mentally, I’m a ton more (comfortable), but that just comes with getting older"

Head coach Mike Zimmer said Wednesday that O’Neill will play, and O’Neill said he’s good to go.
“I feel great,” he said. “I’m ready to go. There’s no hesitation. I don’t think there should be anything out of the ordinary.”
All of Minnesota’s players practiced Wednesday, including cornerback Mike Hughes, working his way back from a knee injury. Hughes did practiced at least on a limited basis while wearing a brace on his left knee. Zimmer said before the workout that “Hughes is getting real close.”

#Vikings Brian O'Neill expects to quickly get back in game rhythm Sunday: "I’d like to think I’m in a better spot going into a game than I was going into something like this (last year as a rookie)... Mentally, I’m a ton more (comfortable), but that just comes with getting older"
I think we've been hearing about how close Hughes is for a month now... i would think the labor and baby coach would be about as frustrated with that kind of message as anybody.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

I think we've been hearing about how close Hughes is for a month now... i would think the labor and baby coach would be about as frustrated with that kind of message as anybody.
??
He just came off the PUP a couple weeks ago.  Aug 26th to be exact, just over a week.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

??
He just came off the PUP a couple weeks ago.  Aug 26th to be exact, just over a week.
Yeah, he's doing great actually. Ahead of schedule. The vibe I'm getting from the staff is he's going to be a contributor sooner than they thought. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

??
yes,  but the questions since camp started were all answered with "he's getting real close"   that is Zimmers stock answer.  Considering today was the first day he was taking part in individual drills I have to think hes only close if we are player horse shoes.  I doubt he plays this week or even week 2.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

??
Yeah, he's doing great actually. Ahead of schedule. The vibe I'm getting from the staff is he's going to be a contributor sooner than they thought. 
I would bet a small amount of money that he is on the field or at least able to play in an emergency next week in Green Bay. 

Hughes showed so much potential last season, O'Neill too...

Two very promising, younger players.