Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz at your peril, Viking opponents....
Quote: @FSUVike said:
Can we please ditch this false narrative that Cousins played behind a good O-Line in Washington?

There are really good individual players on that Line to be sure. But someone was always hurt and usually more than one guy missed chunks of time every year he was there.

Or have you all forgotten that he took snaps from like 4 different Centers one year and had TJ Clemmings playing Tackle.
Do you have some proof for this?  2017 was rocky.  2015 and 2016 were not. 

The same rankings some use to trash the Vikings OL say that the 2015-2016 Redskins lines were some of the better lines in the NFL.  

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@FSUVike said:
Can we please ditch this false narrative that Cousins played behind a good O-Line in Washington?

There are really good individual players on that Line to be sure. But someone was always hurt and usually more than one guy missed chunks of time every year he was there.

Or have you all forgotten that he took snaps from like 4 different Centers one year and had TJ Clemmings playing Tackle.

The same rankings some use to trash the Vikings OL say that the 2015-2016 Redskins lines were some of the better lines in the NFL.  
I think some of that is what measurements they use to rank the OL.  Is it sacks surrendered?  well a QB with a quick recognition and release can skew those stats.  yards gained in rushing, a good back can overcome OL deficiencies (AD),  I would need to know how they come up with their rankings before I could agree or disagree with the assessment,  but as having watched every snap of every game the Vikings have played for a long long time, (many of them multiple times) I can honestly say that our OL sucked and has so for quite a while and the redskins OL hasnt really impressed me the little I had seen them for what thats worth.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@silverjoel said:
@FSUVike said:

I think some of that is what measurements they use to rank the OL.  Is it sacks surrendered?  well a QB with a quick recognition and release can skew those stats.  yards gained in rushing, a good back can overcome OL deficiencies (AD),  I would need to know how they come up with their rankings before I could agree or disagree with the assessment,  but as having watched every snap of every game the Vikings have played for a long long time, (many of them multiple times) I can honestly say that our OL sucked and has so for quite a while and the redskins OL hasnt really impressed me the little I had seen them for what thats worth.
Of course some, if not all, of OL stats are dependent on QBs/RBs.  

However, for the 2016 Redskins OL, Cousins' time-to-throw (how long the QB holds the ball) was 32nd fastest at 2.81s.  The Redskins OL (if you want to blame it all on the OL) gave up 23 sacks (4th fewest in the NFL) with an adjusted sack rate of 3.9% (3rd best in the NFL) while also ranking 6th best in football outsiders OL rushing stats.

If someone doesn't consider that a damn good OL, I don't know what to say.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@silverjoel said:
@FSUVike said:

Of course some, if not all, of OL stats are dependent on QBs/RBs.  

However, for the 2016 Redskins OL, Cousins' time-to-throw (how long the QB holds the ball) was 32nd fastest at 2.81s.  The Redskins OL (if you want to blame it all on the OL) gave up 23 sacks (4th fewest in the NFL) with an adjusted sack rate of 3.9% (3rd best in the NFL) while also ranking 6th best in football outsiders OL rushing stats.

If someone doesn't consider that a damn good OL, I don't know what to say.
sounds pretty decent to me,  i am likely thinking of 2017 which is the last time I would have seen KC with the OL and  the same year that he was forced to play behind Vikings cast offs.