Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blitz at your peril, Viking opponents....
[Image: EDOPRQ8XYAAXrRi?format=png&name=900x900]

See our OL has to be good enough where teams feel THEY HaVE to blitz to get pressure.  With a good OL, sky is the limit for this offense and team

which leads to a lot of those check down passes that he gets blasted for taking,  but a short completion against the blitz is better than a sack or incompletion.    I think he has been much better than many others would have been when handcuffed with what he had to deal with last year.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...tions-2018
interesting, but I am betting if you look at all those that the majority have a common feature and that will be piss poor pass protection and play calling.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
interesting, but I am betting if you look at all those that the majority have a common feature and that will be piss poor pass protection and play calling.
I'm not going to get in to it to much.  However, it is very similar to his time in Washington with a top OL and McVay calling plays.  2016 was his best year and he was a little better than average.

My point is that completion percentage isn't a good indicator of good or bad.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I'm not going to get in to it to much.  However, it is very similar to his time in Washington with a top OL and McVay calling plays.  2016 was his best year and he was a little better than average.

My point is that completion percentage isn't a good indicator of good or bad.
i agree on that,  i dont think any individual stats are much of an indicator, in a complex team game, of any individuals performance or ability.  stats are simply for the fans to argue about at the bar and on internet message boards.

Agreed - a difficult stat to boast about...

Some QBs you don't WANT to flush out of the pocket.

Can we please ditch this false narrative that Cousins played behind a good O-Line in Washington?

There are really good individual players on that Line to be sure. But someone was always hurt and usually more than one guy missed chunks of time every year he was there.

Or have you all forgotten that he took snaps from like 4 different Centers one year and had TJ Clemmings playing Tackle.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Can we please ditch this false narrative that Cousins played behind a good O-Line in Washington?

There are really good individual players on that Line to be sure. But someone was always hurt and usually more than one guy missed chunks of time every year he was there.

Or have you all forgotten that he took snaps from like 4 different Centers one year and had TJ Clemmings playing Tackle.
Yaaaas queen. Truth.