Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmers fed up with Trump policies
Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I am voting for creepy Joe in the NYS primary.  
Ok.

boy these threads get boring

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
Pretty much.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:
Pretty much.
I think I even PM'd you asking to legit close my account around this time last year because I wanted to step away from the vitriol. Your response was something like, "I can look into it, but it might not be simple." Or something. I dunno, either way, I stepped back for a good while. 

But I can't stay away. Part of me is fascinated by how people react to "the latest."

KB, closing an account isn’t really a great option, as opposed to just stopping posting. And honestly people would jist ask to have their account back more times than not. If you wanted to stop posting... You would. (insert broke back you can’t quit me quote here)  frankly I guess I could permanently ban you. But really banning people is pretty pointless as people just make new accounts under a different or similar name. And I just don’t want to get into managing people. 

In these threads there is a lot of ugly language. I am not a fan of it at all but it cuts both ways. The thing that really bothers me (and I am not naming names or accusing you personally) is when one person acts like they are pure as the driven snow but then they stir the pot and name call others.

It isn’t the content of the discussions that bothers me. Its the lying and the spinning that drive me crazy in addition to the insulting names. There are some seriously concerning actions that take place here that worries me about the safety of our members here. Because there are some things that get said that genuinely make me think that some here may not be able to let it go at just some arguing on a message board. Some of the stuff here would not be acceptable on other social media outlets at all.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
KB, closing an account isn’t really a great option, as opposed to just stopping posting. And honestly people would jist ask to have their account back more times than not. If you wanted to stop posting... You would. (insert broke back you can’t quit me quote here)  frankly I guess I could permanently ban you. But really banning people is pretty pointless as people just make new accounts under a different or similar name. And I just don’t want to get into managing people. 

In these threads there is a lot of ugly language. I am not a fan of it at all but it cuts both ways. The thing that really bothers me (and I am not naming names or accusing you personally) is when one person acts like they are pure as the driven snow but then they stir the pot and name call others.

It isn’t the content of the discussions that bothers me. Its the lying and the spinning that drive me crazy in addition to the insulting names. There are some seriously concerning actions that take place here that worries me about the safety of our members here. Because there are some things that get said that genuinely make me think that some here may not be able to let it go at just some arguing on a message board. Some of the stuff here would not be acceptable on other social media outlets at all.
That's where you'd hope it would end. And I'm sure in this little community, it does end there. The rest of the internet is way more vicious. Go to Reddit as a starting point. Doxxing, threats, harassment. The internet can be dangerous.