Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions wanted: Thoughts on having Pro Sports on YouTube

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I just can't wait for the day where everything is just ala carte. The technology is there. It's what people want. Why not just do it? You want to watch the Vikings? You can watch the Vikings. You want to watch Spongebob, you watch Spongebob. You only pay for what you watch. Demand determines the price. 
Id pay the $200 that the nfl charges everyone outside of the states if theyd let me consume their product. Until then I guess Ill need to continue borrowing streams. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I think the future is 100% digital streaming.  I think there’s a lot you could do to enhance
the product with a custom streaming service that you can’t do with OTA or
cable.  You could have home and away
radio announcers, nonofficial announcers, foreign language announcers, alternate
audio streams like field mics or player mics. 
You could have multiple packages. 
For football, you could change the game to not have TV timeouts and
speed up the game for paying customers, while time delaying the rest of the
game to put the ads back in for the non-paying customers.  Pay a little extra and you get a feed near
the players on the sidelines for the extra ambiance.  Turn on or off the onfield graphics.  Then you could always sell the games to any
of the other packages, so people could watch it on their preferred content provider.
Quit giving them ideas. Each of those is going to be a $50 non optional increase. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I just can't wait for the day where everything is just ala carte. The technology is there. It's what people want. Why not just do it? You want to watch the Vikings? You can watch the Vikings. You want to watch Spongebob, you watch Spongebob. You only pay for what you watch. Demand determines the price. 

Exactly.  That was my reason for leaving the NFL Ticket.  Why should I pay over $300 to watch Titans/Dolphins games just to see my Vikes play???  And considering Vikes games are on the local Milwaukee affiliates 2-6 times per year, it was a complete waste.  And every year having to call and threaten to leave just to get the damn thing discounted!  I told them I'd gladly pay $75-100 for JUST Vikings games...nope, gotta buy the "package".  Frustrating.