Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins: I'm .500 QB, need wins for 'next level'
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, winning is important...
i thought it was all about having fun.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Knock it off Sticky, it's only June!!!
We've had so much summer down here already, ready for football.

How's it been up there??

(giggle)

I appreciate his willingness to accept responsibility for our W-L record... but it is still a team game.  And whether it was his bone-headed decisions... or the OL's deficiencies in run / pass blocking... or WRs dropping key 3rd down passes... or a scheme that doesn't fit him (or our personnel)... or a defense that gives up 38 after the offense put up 31: it takes the entire team to win... and everyone shares responsibility for their losses.  

If we win 15 games next year, it won't be solely because of Cousins... but I'm sure that he'll play a part in that success.  And if we lose 15 games... I'm sure that he'll bear some of the blame.  But it's still a team game.  

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah, winning is important...
i thought it was all about having fun.
It is in our town...
(Boy, I could tell you stories...)

I agree with Cousins 100%.  If he can't elevate the team's play to win more than lose, then he's just another mediocre QB.  I think his overall record honestly describes his play.  If the Vikes get to the next level (true SB contender), it's up to our starting QB to lead the way.  If he can't, then we're looking at 8-8 again this season.

At least he doesn't want a participation trophy - otherwise known as the Loser Trophy. If you don't have time to listen to this whole thing Go to the 1:20 mark, classic.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
I don't even remember seeing any GM's/VP's playing in a football game.  I guess it's exclusive for players only.
    So what you're saying, is that GM's and FO Exec's should NOT be judged by their teams' on field performances? Seriously? LMAO!!

Ever hear of Jerry Reese? Former GM of the NYG?  Between 2007 and 2011 his NYG teams WON 2 SUPER BOWLS. He was FIRED in 2017, 1 year after his team going 11-5 and MAKING the playoffs. His teams had an overall record of 91-85 in the regular season and 8-2 in the postseason. Are you telling me that's WORSE than the Vikings' record during that exact time period (which almost EXACTLY matches the current Spielman error, er, I mean era)?

So, although YOU might think that only players and coaches are held accountable for a professional sports team's success/failure, compared to the rest of the world you are in the VAST MINORITY.