Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MaroonBells Mock Draft
Quote: @Tyr said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
Excellent GM ing MB.  i fret about dumping Reiff bc i like his game and think he would be elite G. To get rudys replacement with the value eases some of the pain

i think the risk is obviously at the T spot, but i am hoping Kubes can solve it and we finally get the bride 
I struggled with Reiff. How does a team so desperate for offensive line help trade its best offensive lineman? We do it only if we're able to draft a tackle in the 1st two rounds. But I think the Vikings need help on two fronts: the line and the cap. This is not a rebuilding year, but if we make a few key moves, we can find ourselves with a promising young line and 20-30 more in cap space next year. 
I've mentioned that I think Reiff could be the piece that gives them cap flexibility moving forward. I doubt they would trade him now, but if they could address the O-line and he starts to fall out of their top 5 I could see them moving him in camp. Now or later I think 2019 is likely his last year in MN. 
This is why I wanted Dillard or Taylor (injuries have turned out to be a big deal). It seems likely that Reiff will be gone after this season and while O'Neill could potentially move over to LT, it would have been nice to have a plan in place to solidify both tackle spots long term. I can't complain about Bradbury due to how important an athletic center is to an outside zone scheme, but if some of the tackles continue to slide in the 2nd, I'd be tempted to take one and maybe even move up, though we have a lot of other needs.

Did you find it interesting that some seemingly 2nd/3rd round caliber OTs were taken in the first over players like Taylor, Risner, and Ford?
I wasn't "shocked" but I was a little surprised Taylor fell as far as he did. I knew he had the knee issues and some questions around weight fluctuation but didn't think he'd fall out of the 1st. Risner and Ford I wasn't as surprised. Risner has always been more of a media driven guy and Ford came across as lazy in team interviews.