Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mock Draft Machine
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'd rather draft a guy a bit too high than sit back in Day 2 and watch a run "that we didn't anticipate" occur again. 
Exactly.  The Vikings have painted themselves into a corner by keeping Barr and Griffen. 

If they really like a specific offensive lineman, they need to put aside any outdated draft rules that say you can't draft position "X" in these slots and just get their guy the first chance they get.

Don't screw around and hope a couple of the OGs you like drop to 50.  They need at least one Day 1 starter (and probably two) along the offensive line.
Explain the part about painting themselves into a corner if you don't mind. Cuz other than Saffokd,.I'm not sure what guaranteed upgrade was available in FA.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'd rather draft a guy a bit too high than sit back in Day 2 and watch a run "that we didn't anticipate" occur again. 
Exactly.  The Vikings have painted themselves into a corner by keeping Barr and Griffen. 

If they really like a specific offensive lineman, they need to put aside any outdated draft rules that say you can't draft position "X" in these slots and just get their guy the first chance they get.

Don't screw around and hope a couple of the OGs you like drop to 50.  They need at least one Day 1 starter (and probably two) along the offensive line.
Explain the part about painting themselves into a corner if you don't mind. Cuz other than Saffokd,.I'm not sure what guaranteed upgrade was available in FA.
That's it.  Saffold was the blue chip FA the Vikings could have signed to address their most glaring need this off-season.  He fits our ZBS and unlike the other FA OL...  He actually has the pedigree and production to justify his price tag.

If Vikings would have let Barr leave or cut Griffen to give Weatherly more snaps, they would have had the money to make a run at him.

But they chose to pay Barr AND keep Griff so that pretty much ended any potential upgrade along the offensive line from FA. 

I like weatherly, but he cant hold Griffs jock

I’m just getting into the oline options. Any opinion on Bobby Evans out of Oklahoma? 

I would not be a bit surprised if two rookies were starting at both guard positions this year...