Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater to be traded to the Dolphins?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I could see the Vikings maybe dangling Case Keenum. 
They best not dangle anybody.  Watching Teddy in person doing cone drills I think it's fair to say he is a ways out yet.  He can go forwards and backwards ok,  but he is really cautious about putting his left foot in the ground and cutting off it.  I am no doctor but as a guy with a history of knee issues I dont think he belongs on a field any time soon.

And he has a serious brace on it while working out.  The dream of him competing to start the year that some still harbor needs to be put to bed.
I think you misunderstood. I float Case because of Heinicke, not Bridgewater. I'm not expecting Bridgewater to play at all this year.

But if Heinicke wins the #2 job, and it looks like he just might, then Keenum is a grossly overpaid #3. You can bring in a developmental #3 from pretty much anywhere. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I could see the Vikings maybe dangling Case Keenum. 
They best not dangle anybody.  Watching Teddy in person doing cone drills I think it's fair to say he is a ways out yet.  He can go forwards and backwards ok,  but he is really cautious about putting his left foot in the ground and cutting off it.  I am no doctor but as a guy with a history of knee issues I dont think he belongs on a field any time soon.

And he has a serious brace on it while working out.  The dream of him competing to start the year that some still harbor needs to be put to bed.
I think you misunderstood. I float Case because of Heinicke, not Bridgewater. I'm not expecting Bridgewater to play at all this year.

But if Heinicke wins the #2 job, and it looks like he just might, then Keenum is a grossly overpaid #3. You can bring in a developmental #3 from pretty much anywhere. 
I am still in the Heineke corner,  and I only saw 1 practice,  but I think we need to see a little more before I would be comfortable with handing him the #2 job  just yet.  Both him and Keenum looked pretty rough at times yesterday.

Bradford on the other hand.... he looks like he is going to make the decision at year end very very difficult.  No disrespect to Teddy at all here,  but Sams throws look a fair bit better that what I've seen from Teddy in the past.

Him and Zim are developing something as well,  a couple times yesterday I saw the two of them really talking about things between drills and even reps.  Zim loves him some Teddy,  but I think he might be coming to the realization that his future in Minny is hitched to Sam and the offense for now.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
No one thinks Teddy will start the year.  And knee braces are common now too in the NFL. Brady wears one.  Everyone on his oline wears them.  That doesn't concern me at all.  My hope is he is able to come back after week 6  sometime and be the back up.

And fortunately Teddy doesn't have a knee injury history - unlike Sam and his knee and shoulder.
I was still reading posts 2 weeks ago that Teddy would be ready for camp...and even a couple last week saying he would be competing before camp breaks.  

I know about braces,  there are playing braces and rehab braces,  it was a distance but Teddy's didnt look comfortable at all in the brace he wore yesterday.  My comment wasn't so much about him wearing a brace,  it was that his brace didn't look like it was something he would wear in a game.