Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Rounder From The Network
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
To me, getting Simmons in the second is like getting Cook in the second...years from now, No one will believe he lasted that long...

He's a talented player, but I don't think the Vikings can afford to use an early round pick to stash him for a season while he recovers from an ACL.  This team is ready to contend for a Super Bowl and that 2nd round pick could easily net a starting caliber OL or an impact player at another position.  If he drops to the 3rd or 4th round, then sure...  but the Vikings need to get two impact players at 18 and 50.

Wait what?  We had a Superbowl contending team last year?  We didn't even make the playoffs. 

We're likely dumping Sendjo, Remmers and what sounds like Griffen....with a possible deal of Waynes as well.
Our team isn't bottom of the barrel but we're in need of a good draft and some lucky bounces just to be considered a playoff team again. 
I don't agree with that at all. Vikings didn't miss the playoffs because they lacked talent on their roster. 
I think the lack of OL talent was the main reason for missing the playoffs. 
Definitely need more talent on the OL, but I've always felt you could win a Super Bowl with a below average OL if you designed your offense right and call plays that mitigate that weakness. We never did that. Our offense was so out of sync last year. Misguided, predictable. Just plain stupid. I think there were a few games last year when Cook was averaging 8, 9 yards a pop and his carries were in the single digits. There really is no excuse for that. 

Get Easton back, add a couple of OL on the first two days of the draft and the other pieces are there to contend. But we might discover that the biggest difference was in adding proven offensive coaches in Kubiak and Dennison. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
To me, getting Simmons in the second is like getting Cook in the second...years from now, No one will believe he lasted that long...

He's a talented player, but I don't think the Vikings can afford to use an early round pick to stash him for a season while he recovers from an ACL.  This team is ready to contend for a Super Bowl and that 2nd round pick could easily net a starting caliber OL or an impact player at another position.  If he drops to the 3rd or 4th round, then sure...  but the Vikings need to get two impact players at 18 and 50.

Wait what?  We had a Superbowl contending team last year?  We didn't even make the playoffs. 

We're likely dumping Sendjo, Remmers and what sounds like Griffen....with a possible deal of Waynes as well.
Our team isn't bottom of the barrel but we're in need of a good draft and some lucky bounces just to be considered a playoff team again. 
I don't agree with that at all. Vikings didn't miss the playoffs because they lacked talent on their roster. 
I think the lack of OL talent was the main reason for missing the playoffs. 
Definitely need more talent on the OL, but I've always felt you could win a Super Bowl with a below average OL if you designed your offense right and call plays that mitigate that weakness. We never did that. Our offense was so out of sync last year. Misguided, predictable. Just plain stupid. I think there were a few games last year when Cook was averaging 8, 9 yards a pop and his carries were in the single digits. There really is no excuse for that. 

Get Easton back, add a couple of OL on the first two days of the draft and the other pieces are there to contend. But we might discover that the biggest difference was in adding proven offensive coaches in Kubiak and Dennison. 
^^^

THIS...