Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Rounder From The Network
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/cra...-draft-6.0

Several OL men I'd take over McCoy, but damn, you can't top the second round selection.

I would take Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd over Simmons even though I really like Simmons.

To me, getting Simmons in the second is like getting Cook in the second...years from now, No one will believe he lasted that long...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
To me, getting Simmons in the second is like getting Cook in the second...years from now, No one will believe he lasted that long...

He's a talented player, but I don't think the Vikings can afford to use an early round pick to stash him for a season while he recovers from an ACL.  This team is ready to contend for a Super Bowl and that 2nd round pick could easily net a starting caliber OL or an impact player at another position.  If he drops to the 3rd or 4th round, then sure...  but the Vikings need to get two impact players at 18 and 50.

We seem to be able to get players anywhere...Holton Hill for example...I'd red shirt a guy like this...upside is too great...karma owes us for Shariff Floyd...  

I like McCoy in the 2nd. But taking him at 18, before Ferrell, Bush, Bradbury, Lindstrom and Risner, among others, seems a little out of whack.  

I'd feel pretty jacked about getting Simmons in the 2nd. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

He's a talented player, but I don't think the Vikings can afford to use an early round pick to stash him for a season while he recovers from an ACL.  This team is ready to contend for a Super Bowl and that 2nd round pick could easily net a starting caliber OL or an impact player at another position.  If he drops to the 3rd or 4th round, then sure...  but the Vikings need to get two impact players at 18 and 50.

Wait what?  We had a Superbowl contending team last year?  We didn't even make the playoffs. 

We're likely dumping Sendjo, Remmers and what sounds like Griffen....with a possible deal of Waynes as well.
Our team isn't bottom of the barrel but we're in need of a good draft and some lucky bounces just to be considered a playoff team again. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Wait what?  We had a Superbowl contending team last year?  We didn't even make the playoffs. 

We're likely dumping Sendjo, Remmers and what sounds like Griffen....with a possible deal of Waynes as well.
Our team isn't bottom of the barrel but we're in need of a good draft and some lucky bounces just to be considered a playoff team again. 
I don't agree with that at all. Vikings didn't miss the playoffs because they lacked talent on their roster. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I don't agree with that at all. Vikings didn't miss the playoffs because they lacked talent on their roster. 

Usually Playoff contenders have a 2-3 year window to reach the Super Bowl, with the exception of New England.  I'm thinking the Vikings probably missed the bus on this time around.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I think the lack of OL talent was the main reason for missing the playoffs.