Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting perspective on Foles and NFL QB landscape today...
But given that---couldn't a o coach spend this offseason in creating the new wrinkle to utilize his skillset and strike fire for a season or two before having to reinvent the wheeel all over.

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
But given that---couldn't a o coach spend this offseason in creating the new wrinkle to utilize his skillset and strike fire for a season or two before having to reinvent the wheeel all over.
For what ever reason he doesnt seem like the type of QB that you can throw new wrinkles at.  He excelled one season under Kelly then the league caught on and he was screwed and couldnt make the right adjustments.  Then came the RPO which really wasnt what was doing the damage.  Foles was out of his freaking mind completing everything he threw up.  Then defenses caught up and once again he was screwed.  I really dont get it with him.  He seems like a smart guy and smart football player and for a guy who has been a QB for years and a super bowl MVP he doesnt seem to have what it takes to be consistant.

Not to say that there is an overabundance of franchise qb's today, but does anyone remember the days when it appeared there was a lack of quality NFL qb's period and college QB's would take years to curate? 

Something very interesting happened in college (and heck even high school) where the pipeline of talent just blossomed. That kid @ Clemson is a perfect example. 

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I agree with Haze a bit - except I think he will get paid because that's the nature of this time of the year...

He's been in these shoes before. He left Philly years back and was given great opportunities to succeed. He never lived up to his expectations and almost washed out of the league. He almost retired. Resigning with Philly and going on that Super Bowl run, it's like he stepped into a time machine...

He's right back where he was. I don't believe it's unreasonable to look at his past and be concerned about paying him or committing to him long term. On the other hand though, it only takes a couple teams to skyrocket his negotiating terms and it's easy to see a desperate team take a chance.
It only takes two. I guess we could have gotten Kirk much cheaper if the Jets and Broncos hadn't interfered.

Eagles won't put franchise tag on Foles
The Philadelphia Eagles will not place the franchise tag on quarterback Nick Foles, general manager Howie Roseman said Wednesday.
"We're going to let Nick Foles be a free agent," Roseman said at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. "He deserves an opportunity to lead a team."
Foles' primary objective this offseason was to find a team he could call his own after two noteworthy seasons -- and one Super Bowl MVP trophy -- as Carson Wentz's backup.
Foles opted out of his contract with the Eagles by paying them back $2 million in February.
"I would love to lead a team," Foles said at the close of the 2018 season. "The starter thing, leading a team, impacting a locker room ... that's why we play the game, to impact people, to create an atmosphere."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26094...-tag-foles

Now that Flipper is in Jacksonville, I could see the Jaguars as an obvious landing spot for Foles.

There was a lot of rumor the Eagles wanted to keep him out of their division, but this suggests they don't care - at least not enough to prevent it.