Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax Returns
Holy shit, VG83.  What an Effing nightmare.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
While I agree this a good FB board, you were the one that interjected christianity into the discussion and were also extremely judgemental of Pastor Pumpf.  You're doing the old throw a stink bomb in the room then walk away.  Doesn't accomplish anything nor does it make your point.  You might want to reread Mathew 7:1-3.
i didnt interject it that was someone else.  And pumpf is basically a pharisee posing as a christian.  If you read what i tell him you might get it.  maybe you wont, i dont care because you arent posing as a Pastor.   I dont need education from people that dont get it , i would wipe the dust from my feet but its kinda hard to resist when the hypocrisy is so blatent. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
I think I finally understand.  All these values antithetical to the gospel that people espouse have nothing to do with our christianity. 
Huh?
Exactly what i think every time a “man of God” speaks antithetically to the gospel. We’ve been down this road so I’ll just offer Matthew 5, 19, 22 and Luke 6.  If you cant get it with all of your scribe training I cant help you.  

, I see you have a new foil in AOC, how predictable. She’s 100% more Christlike in her values than many of your congressional hero’s im convinced
There is no point in discussing the Christian faith with someone who clearly has no understanding of it.  Until you realize that Christ came to save sinners... there's nothing to discuss.
Then stop preaching and start listening, cause you certainly dont get it

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@minny65 said:
I guess folks are all in on Corporate Welfare.  The Christian thing to do Smile
First of all, what does Christianity have to do with it?  That seems like an odd thing to bring into a conversation about taxes.
Second of all, can you offer some economic argument that would make AOC's position seem like the right thing to do for NY?
Thirdly, there is a difference between corporate "welfare" and good business sense.  When the gov't gave money (not necessarily just tax incentives) to green solar companies, did you complain?  Oh, and it amounted to ALOT more than $3 Billion:
Why does it have to be an economic argument? One of the loudest arguments heard in Denver was about traffic. People do actually care about quality of life. And it's not always about money, especially if you're not among those who would qualify for one of those $150K jobs. And why would anyone complain about giving money to green companies? That's the whole idea, isn't it? To incentivize renewable technologies? Surely you're not against that. 

Yes, your list of 19 bankrupt green energy companies looks impressive...until you realize that companies go bankrupt all the time. In fact, 114 oil and gas companies when bankrupt in 2015 and 2016 alone. 
And if those 114 oil and gas companies were being given that much money by the gov't, I'd be ticked off by that, too.  Kind of like the bailout: I would agree with those who were against it.  If oil and gas companies need the gov't to bail them out (or prop them up), then they shouldn't be in business.  
Well you should be pissed off then. Oil and gas companies receive billions of dollars from the US government. All energy companies do. 
Link?  Is it "handouts"... or is it tax incentives?  There's a big difference (as one stimulates the economy and the other doesn't).
you are as misinformed about this as you are the gospel.  Consumer spending “handouts” stimulate the economy more than tax expenditures by a large margin. Its hard to understand when profit is so important in your worldview

For the first time in 4 or 5 years, my Federal was processed and accepted before my State return.

... I bet the Don is processing them himself!!!  :p

Amazon put a massive Fulfillment Center in Staten Island. They outsourced the maintenance of the conveyors, robotics and other material handling equipment to the company I worked for.

So I was tasked with finding over 80 maintenance professionals to keep all that equipment running. I've been a Recruiter for over 20 years and that was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Why? There's literally no distribution centers or manufacturing facilities on the island to recruit people from.

So the vast majority of those 80+ employees are commuting from Jersey and Brooklyn and paying big tolls going both ways.

Imagine how many employees HQ2 would have needed. Far more than the local market could bear. Which means relocating a bunch of folks in, which drives up housing prices, creates even more congestion, etc.

I have many friends in Seattle that have seen this same affect.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
I got a message that you quoted me but there's nothing here...  So what did you say?   Maybe okay that I missed it since you deleted your comment, shrug.  Have a great day!

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@savannahskol said:
I got a message that you quoted me but there's nothing here...  So what did you say?   Maybe okay that I missed it since you deleted your comment, shrug.  Have a great day!
Didn't delete.... for some reason you-tube posts/memes won't post whilst using different devices... and there's no "delete" to wipe totally clean.