Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer - Crap in our hands
I actually agree with Z on the Superbowl comment.  If we lose this week we are out of the playoffs.  With 4 games left, the next 3 are critical to win.  We have to win all 3 and see how the rest of the league plays out, that is what we can control.  Then when we face the Bears, it could very well be for the division and/or a playoff home game.  We lose 1 of the next 3 and we are needing some help.

Quote: @Kentis said:
I keep wishing, however the returns have been mostly crap, unfortunately...
I just love Jerry Burns.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
My take on his comments is that every game is important from here out.  Getting up for a team like the Seahags but letting up on lesser teams is not gonna get it done.

This.
My thoughts: As long as you understand what he means, who cares how he says it???
Geez. I think I'm feeling really old as my 50th birthday approaches because anytime people want to call the PC police it makes me want to channel my inner Burgess Meredith (Pop Gustafson).
Oh, I should add that up until today I thought my grandma (bless her wonderful soul) coined the phrase "Wish in one hand and crap in the other." Maybe not though. Her version didn't include the word "crap." Wink

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Ralphie said:
My take on his comments is that every game is important from here out.  Getting up for a team like the Seahags but letting up on lesser teams is not gonna get it done.

This.
My thoughts: As long as you understand what he means, who cares how he says it???
Geez. I think I'm feeling really old as my 50th birthday approaches because anytime people want to call the PC police it makes me want to channel my inner Burgess Meredith (Pop Gustafson).
Oh, I should add that up until today I thought my grandma (bless her wonderful soul) coined the phrase "Wish in one hand and crap in the other." Maybe not though. Her version didn't include the word "crap." Wink

I didn't see anyone trying to "call the PC police". Like I said earlier: could not care less if it's "vulgar", but his phrase indicates Zimmer fears his team might lose some games because they shoot themselves in the foot, or "panic" or "had the jitters" (other recent comments he has made).
If the Vikings lose some games because the other team had better talent or a better gameplan or it was close but they got a few key breaks, I can accept it. But I am really frustrated by any suggestion they unexpectedly lose just because they were not mentally prepared to play or not focused. That's what "crap in our hands" means and it's just immature and undisciplined. This is a veteran team with a veteran coach, and this bullshit where sometimes they barely show up for games should be completely unacceptable to Zimmer. He shouldn't even suggest it's an acceptable possibility when he talks to the media and his team's fans. But his comments make it sound like he doesn't want to get too excited about beating Seattle (and controlling their own destiny to make the playoffs!) because he has no better idea than any of us whether "his" team will look great one week but the next week play like THEY are the crap in somebody's hands.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@prairieghost said:
@Ralphie said:

This.

I didn't see anyone trying to "call the PC police". Like I said earlier: could not care less if it's "vulgar", but his phrase indicates Zimmer fears his team might lose some games because they shoot themselves in the foot, or "panic" or "had the jitters" (other recent comments he has made).
If the Vikings lose some games because the other team had better talent or a better gameplan or it was close but they got a few key breaks, I can accept it. But I am really frustrated by any suggestion they unexpectedly lose just because they were not mentally prepared to play or not focused. That's what "crap in our hands" means and it's just immature and undisciplined. This is a veteran team with a veteran coach, and this bullshit where sometimes they barely show up for games should be completely unacceptable to Zimmer. He shouldn't even suggest it's an acceptable possibility when he talks to the media and his team's fans. But his comments make it sound like he doesn't want to get too excited about beating Seattle (and controlling their own destiny to make the playoffs!) because he has no better idea than any of us whether "his" team will look great one week but the next week play like THEY are the crap in somebody's hands.
I guess I wasn’t analyzing the statements to the depth you have. I think Ralphie summed it up perfectly and in my opinion I think it’s what Zim meant.

Kirk Cousins today said "[we haven't] sustained the level of potential in this locker room."

Isn't that an odd phrasing? Not offense, not defense, locker room. Does Kirk regret signing here?! He is basically saying the team isn't as good as he thought when he signed. So if that's the case then how does that affect his performance and preparation week in and out? The season is not even over and he's basically saying we should be better.

Is he leading or dividing?

Days of our Lives will continue after these messages...

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Kirk Cousins today said "[we haven't] sustained the level of potential in this locker room."

Isn't that an odd phrasing? Not offense, not defense, locker room. Does Kirk regret signing here?! He is basically saying the team isn't as good as he thought when he signed. So if that's the case then how does that affect his performance and preparation week in and out? The season is not even over and he's basically saying we should be better.

whoa !
reading alot into common “coach speak/cliche” talk here
basically said they are not palying up to their potential
Gotta give 110%
No I in team etc. 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

neither.  He is saying, we have potential to be much better, but we haven't shown that consistently.  Pretty mild statement IMO.  Even when they win, most athletes will say they should be better.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

whoa !
reading alot into common “coach speak/cliche” talk here
basically said they are not palying up to their potential
Gotta give 110%
No I in team etc. 
lol, well the quote is real... the rest was a poor attempt at satire.

It's too much fun to take it literally...

Perhaps Zimmer views himself as the Waste Processor. Shit needs to come through the pipe so he can collect it and do his job. When shit stops coming through the pipe it get's hard and stuck in there and then Zimmer has to shut down the plant for a week to unclog it.

The guys see Zimmer constantly shutting the facility down and now they just keep crapping in their hands to keep the facility open?

two things. 

1) zimmer used a common american phrase in a different way. it doesnt matter if we are good in one game, if we shit the bed in the last three. 

2) the word crap should never be referred to as “vulgar”. saying that it is/could be, is a pretty good example of modern PC over-sensitivity. 

Vikings 30 Seahawaks 21