Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Sendejo put on IR
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The next Sendejo announcement is he's been waived...Harris has outperformed him big time...
I'd be super fine with that.  Some people like him and some defend him but I've been waiting for his replacement since '13 when they began starting him.  He's been my least favorite player (on the field) for year and it doesn't bother me to say it.  Even when playing his best I've still considered him as just "barely adequate."  He's typically a step slow, late to prevent plays, tackles without his arms because he thinks he can smash guys, which usually looks ridiculous because he bounces off and seems to take the worst of his own hits.  He doesn't produce turnovers unless the qb throws an awful pass.  Every year the top safeties usually provide 6-8 interceptions while he's had 6 total in over six years of starting.  Yes this is a slam post, but g-dangit, they've been starting sometimes adequate for so long with hardly an attempt to find an elite or upper echelon guy for the position!

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The next Sendejo announcement is he's been waived...Harris has outperformed him big time...
I'd be super fine with that.  Some people like him and some defend him but I've been waiting for his replacement since '13 when they began starting him.  He's been my least favorite player (on the field) for year and it doesn't bother me to say it.  Even when playing his best I've still considered him as just "barely adequate."  He's typically a step slow, late to prevent plays, tackles without his arms because he thinks he can smash guys, which usually looks ridiculous because he bounces off and seems to take the worst of his own hits.  He doesn't produce turnovers unless the qb throws an awful pass.  Every year the top safeties usually provide 6-8 interceptions while he's had 6 total in over six years of starting.  Yes this is a slam post, but g-dangit, they've been starting sometimes adequate for so long with hardly an attempt to find an elite or upper echelon guy for the position!
I have defended Sendejo.  I think he got a bad rap quite often.  But I am very happy Harris has proven to be an upgrade.  I noted last year, I think it was the Rams game or maybe a different one, how nice it was to have a FS that was good in pass coverage.  Sendejo was better than most gave him credit for, but was certainly a position that needed an upgrade.
Harris and Kearse are proving to be valuable players on D.  In fact, with those two, Weatherly and Hill getting significant snaps, that is pretty damn good return on late rounders or UDFAs.