Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Adrian, why go there again?
As far as the Hall of Fame goes, there is a multiple murderer in there already. And I know that happened after his career and he's pretty much a pariah but he's there. There is also a guy that loved underage prostitutes in there, after his career but still disgusting. The point is that not everyone in there is admirable. And of course he went too far, drawing blood from a 4 year old is revolting. I know that punishment. I was raised with it. But I never punished my son that way. But he knew if he was out of order. As far as the multiple kids with multiple mommas, there is a double standard. The guys usually get a pass on that especially famous men, the women do not. Some wear it like a badge of honor while women are treated as being tainted. I think since people were starting to admire and notice him for his play on the field again, he thought he could go there again. But once something has been done, it can't be undone. He is polarizing. Some people will not be able to look at him the same way again. It is what it is. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
As far as the Hall of Fame goes, there is a multiple murderer in there already. And I know that happened after his career and he's pretty much a pariah but he's there. There is also a guy that loved underage prostitutes in there, after his career but still disgusting. The point is that not everyone in there is admirable. And of course he went too far, drawing blood from a 4 year old is revolting. I know that punishment. I was raised with it. But I never punished my son that way. But he knew if he was out of order. As far as the multiple kids with multiple mommas, there is a double standard. The guys usually get a pass on that especially famous men, the women do not. Some wear it like a badge of honor while women are treated as being tainted. I think since people were starting to admire and notice him for his play on the field again, he thought he could go there again. But once something has been done, it can't be undone. He is polarizing. Some people will not be able to look at him the same way again. It is what it is. 
It's only a double standard for the mental midgets like AD,  real men know that only a total moron would be so irresponsible and that it's virtually impossible to be any sort of father to all those kids under different roofs, zip codes, area codes, time zones,...complete turd...and I don't care about him paying child support,  or showing up a time or two to see the kid,  just like the one in sioux falls,  there a kid needs his/her daddy to be there.

in his defense...his kids do get to see him a little bit on Sundays  again

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
This is a sensitive subject and everyone has their own views.  I guess the politically correct view is to condemn his actions.
Having experienced corporal punishment growing up (I got the switch to and even had to go pick my own) at home and in school (use to get swats occasionally), I am not upset by what he does as a parent.
I think the many older folks will discipline is missing in the youts today.  Timeouts?  Sure why not?
I can say for sure that almost all of the whuppins I had as a child were well earned and deserved.
I love my parents unconditionally and do not have any psychological effects from those events.  Not that I know of but I am a Vikings fan and have been since 1969.
Maybe I am a mascochist?
I would say that having all those kids from different mothers is more disturbing than the spankings.  But my Dad was the same way and I have several step brothers and sisters.

With all due respect I don't think anyone gets to say that they don't have any psychological effects themselves. I don't know you or your personal life so don't think I am judging but just saying that it takes an external party to look at your behaviors to asses if that's true or not. 

Personally, I think there can be a place for spanking but I don't use it on my kids. But that's a far leap different than corporal punishment. And I don't buy for a minute most of the people that say they don't do it out of anger or frustration. In fact I'd say bullshit to that and charge that the lion's share of folks that use corporal punishment does so out of frustration in the moment.