Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Adrian, why go there again?

He's not a smart man. 

No he's not smart. Being smart never did much for him though. He got this far by being physically gifted and worked hard or harder then most to make the most of those gifts. 
He will be our 1st HOF RB. We will have to take the bad with the good. You can't just pretend he never existed. 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
No he's not smart. Being smart never did much for him though. He got this far by being physically gifted and worked hard or harder then most to make the most of those gifts. 
He will be our 1st HOF RB. We will have to take the bad with the good. You can't just pretend he never existed. 
There is no doubt that he will be a first ballot Hall of Famer and he deserves the recognition for all of his accomplishments on the field. He has done a lot of good for children in Minnesota and Texas. They are still benefiting from his work. But he is the one who brought the whole thing back up again this time. And there is no reason to pretend he never existed.

Adrian and his parenting is kinda like the Catholic church
Everyone just figures the abuse is continuing,
but he’s not supposed to brag about it

This is a sensitive subject and everyone has their own views.  I guess the politically correct view is to condemn his actions.
Having experienced corporal punishment growing up (I got the switch to and even had to go pick my own) at home and in school (use to get swats occasionally), I am not upset by what he does as a parent.
I think the many older folks will discipline is missing in the youts today.  Timeouts?  Sure why not?
I can say for sure that almost all of the whuppins I had as a child were well earned and deserved.
I love my parents unconditionally and do not have any psychological effects from those events.  Not that I know of but I am a Vikings fan and have been since 1969.
Maybe I am a mascochist?
I would say that having all those kids from different mothers is more disturbing than the spankings.  But my Dad was the same way and I have several step brothers and sisters.

I lost "all" respect for AD after he beat his infant/child of 4 yrs old leaving skin breaking lashes across his buttocks and genitals.  What 4 year old deserves that kind of punishment?  I'll answer - NONE!  Before that incident I lost some respect for him when it was revealed that his secret child was killed by the mom's boyfriend.  The term Purple Jesus disappeared immediately from our vernacular.

These type of things supercede any silly game, for me at least.  He is not a good person, sorry I am judging based on actual information.  I know he is a dumbass but that is also no excuse.  

I don't wish him ill will at all but when I do watch him I hope he fails like yesterday.  Just my opinion of course.  

like Mark I defended his choice of punishment,  as I was raised that way and have swatted my kids asses when they they crossed lines.  It's not a first response type of thing,  but it can be effective without mentally traumatizing the kid for life. 

However AD went to far and I don't think anybody can argue to the contrary.  Raising a welt isn't a huge issue,  welts aren't a sign of a major tissue trama,  but doing it with  enough force or repetition to draw blood is another matter imo.

My opinion is AD is an entitled simpleton, he has been groomed and paraded like a show pony by his handlers his entire playing career and when he slips the halter we get things like modern day slavery,  courting jerry jones,  and his recent comments, as well as the notion that its up to him to repopulate the US.

As far as his HOF status,  imo if they keep other players out of first ballot status for petty shit,  then AD doesn't deserve it due to his actions and antics that caused embarrassment to the team and the league.  He will get in,  but I'm not sure when.  The HOF voters are a goofy bunch

The many sides of AP...

He'll always be known up here for being the best Viking RB of all time and a child beater.

Just like Peanut butter and chocolate. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
The many sides of AP...

He'll always be known up here for being the best Viking RB of all time and a child beater.

Just like Peanut butter and chocolate. 
I like both peanut butter and chocolate,  maybe peanit butter and tuna fish would be a better analogy?