Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not anything close to NFC elite
Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Akiem Hicks dominated this game and really exposed our weakness in the A gaps. The bears d is for real. 

Their oline is alot better than i thought

Compton has been a disappointment all year, but apparently we have no one better. Remmers must have been a bad OT because he's not much of an OG. And Elflein was getting pushed around last night so much I wonder if he has fully recovered.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Akiem Hicks dominated this game and really exposed our weakness in the A gaps. The bears d is for real. 

I think trubiskys mobility makes them look better than they are.  He escaped a lot of sacks last night the a less mobile QB doesnt.

Imo we got beat by 3 things amd it's things they should hAve been ready for coming in.  1.  Mack,  him getting left agaisnt 1 guy at any time is inexcusable,  2. Hicks,  our guards are weak and he's a beast...no excuse for him to not be schemed for  3. Trubiskys mobility,  he is shit as a passer if he has to hold the ball,  no reason they didn't account for his mobility from the start and jam those recievers to take him off his timing routes.

I say we didn't get beat by a better team,  the Vikings simply lost that game.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I think trubiskys mobility makes them look better than they are.  He escaped a lot of sacks last night the a less mobile QB doesnt.

Imo we got beat by 3 things amd it's things they should hAve been ready for coming in.  1.  Mack,  him getting left agaisnt 1 guy at any time is inexcusable,  2. Hicks,  our guards are weak and he's a beast...no excuse for him to not be schemed for  3. Trubiskys mobility,  he is shit as a passer if he has to hold the ball,  no reason they didn't account for his mobility from the start and jam those recievers to take him off his timing routes.

This far into the season it is clear to me that the Vikings just aren't a very good team in 2018. They have played and looked very much like a .500 team.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

This far into the season it is clear to me that the Vikings just aren't a very good team in 2018. They have played and looked very much like a .500 team.
That may be, but I still would rather have the Vikings assembled talent than what the bears have at this point.  I think the Vikings biggest issue right now is game plan and preparedness,  they gave some good schemes aND such,  they just seem to struggle as to what to do when and to stay within a scheme and not freelance on D.  The O can do things as well,   but this notion of being a running team against a physically superior defensive front 7 is asinine and needs to quit.  Use the pass to set up the run and go from there.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

That may be, but I still would rather have the Vikings assembled talent than what the bears have at this point.  I think the Vikings biggest issue right now is game plan and preparedness,  they gave some good schemes aND such,  they just seem to struggle as to what to do when and to stay within a scheme and not freelance on D.  The O can do things as well,   but this notion of being a running team against a physically superior defensive front 7 is asinine and needs to quit.  Use the pass to set up the run and go from there.
I really don't get the mindset of run first anymore. The game is not built for that anymore. More work needs to be done on the hurry up. We need to work no huddle and 2 minute drill. If we have so many long drives and trying to come from behind, that won't work. The other team can chew up the clock at times. I am really disappointed at how flat they were coming out of the bye. They had a lot of time to prepare and looked lost. 

it is OL OL OL. watching last night’s game, that LA line is insanely good.  Amazing that Sullivan has become a stud again, we lost out on Whitworth and ended up with Reiff.

let Richardson and Barr walk, cut Remmers, Sendejo, healthy return of Nick at LG, use money for a 4 star FA OL and plan on drafting two in the first 3 rounds.

ONeill, Elf, Reiff, Eason, 1st Round, FA, 3rd Round, Isodora, Collins

With the OL of the Rams, Cousins would be a MvP candidate and we would have at worst 2 losses

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
it is OL OL OL. watching last night’s game, that LA line is insanely good.  Amazing that Sullivan has become a stud again, we lost out on Whitworth and ended up with Reiff.

let Richardson and Barr walk, cut Remmers, Sendejo, healthy return of Nick at LG, use money for a 4 star FA OL and plan on drafting two in the first 3 rounds.

With the OL of the Rams, Cousins would be a MvP candidate and we would have at worst 2 losses
I don't disagree with the personnel suggestions you are making, but even Goff was getting pressured a lot by the Chiefs last night and made some poor decisions with a much better offensive line. When the pressure gets dialed up in a big game, I'm not convinced that Cousins wouldn't continue his chronic turnover issues and bad decision making to cost us games. Per Zimmer, there were plenty of clean pockets for Kirk Sunday Night but he still was perceiving pressure that wasn't there and had a brutal performance. An improved OLine would definitely help compared to the garbage we have now, but I'm starting to see why Washington was hesitant to hitch their wagon to Cousins with a big money contract. He can definitely tantalize you with some amazing throws, and then turn around and make head scratching decisions that are maddening and infuriating. Those are the characteristics of a .500 team which is exactly what we are.   

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"Skodin" said:

I don't disagree with the personnel suggestions you are making, but even Goff was getting pressured a lot by the Chiefs last night and made some poor decisions with a much better offensive line. When the pressure gets dialed up in a big game, I'm not convinced that Cousins wouldn't continue his chronic turnover issues and bad decision making to cost us games. Per Zimmer, there were plenty of clean pockets for Kirk Sunday Night .   
Not very clean from my perspective, and earlier in the season, Cousins was hanging in and making tough throws with pressure closing in - and then getting hit. I think he's learned that this line will get him punished.
Zimmer was defending his OL because it's been apparent to EVERYONE that it has been neglected throughout Zimmer's tenure - and even earlier. It's natural to conclude that Zimmer, who obviously favors defense, had some influence on that. A lot of people would say that after signing a QB for $28M, a team should sign and draft players to help make that investment a success - but we signed a DT in FA and picked a CB in the 1st round.
But if Cousins gets classified as a bad personnel move, that is going to hang around Spielman's - and Zimmer's - necks far worse than trading for Bradford or drafting Treadwell or any other error, so he should be careful.