Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not anything close to NFC elite
Coming off the bye and healthier than anytime this year and that's how they play? This team isn't anywhere near elite and got owned by the better team in Chicago. The offensive line is garbage, can't run the football. Need better performances in big games by Cousins. Too many mistakes in various areas. 

Sad state of affairs for the Vikings, no excuses necessary as this team isn't living up to any of the preseason hype. 

In 2018 they are what the record says, essentially a .500 team. Until that team decides that it is important to get a proper offensive line it is just wishful thinking they can do much more.

I don't think we have to worry about Flip being one and done...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I don't think we have to worry about Flip being one and done...
Unfortunately...

For some reason the Vikings under Zimmer have never played well off a bye week.    

And they still have a winning record and they can win the NFC North still IMO.   Not much margin for error

Disappointing loss. Actually, very disappointing in how easily they got handled. 

They are going to need a Plan B for the team's direction for 2019 if they want to compete. 

It wasn't a great night for Trubisky but their defense is top notch. Mack is who we thought he was. They look to be the North representative this year, at least to me.
Speaking of Trubisky...he is what I'd call a pesky player in that he "hangs around." He makes just enough crucial plays to keep their heads above water. His INTs last night were brutal but the guy can scramble like no other and just finds a way to keep the chains moving.
It is getting harder and harder to watch my Vikings. They are truly disappointing, and as an old fan of nearly 50 years young I just get tired of it and turn it off. So I didn't see any of the fourth quarter. I didn't know the score until this morning. I just saw a Bears team that has a good young coach with a pretty balanced team and a great defense kick us in the nutz...ala US in 2015.
Kirk needs Case's horse shoe pretty bad right about now...

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:It is getting harder and harder to watch my Vikings. They are truly disappointing, and as an old fan of nearly 50 years young I just get tired of it and turn it off. So I didn't see any of the fourth quarter. I didn't know the score until this morning. I just saw a Bears team that has a good young coach with a pretty balanced team and a great defense kick us in the nutz...ala US in 2015.
That's me now also. I won't watch a shit show any longer, better things to do. I'm fair-weather at this point in my Viking fandom. Just been too disappointed too many times, at some point you realize its a waste of time and emotional energy. If they catch fire I'll climb back on the bandwagon, otherwise the beach is calling on Sunday afternoons. Its WAY to nice down in south Florida at this time of year to waste watching mediocre Viking's football. 

Color me underwhelmed with just about everything associated with this team this season to date.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"prairieghost" said:It is getting harder and harder to watch my Vikings. They are truly disappointing, and as an old fan of nearly 50 years young I just get tired of it and turn it off. So I didn't see any of the fourth quarter. I didn't know the score until this morning. I just saw a Bears team that has a good young coach with a pretty balanced team and a great defense kick us in the nutz...ala US in 2015.
That's me now also. I won't watch a shit show any longer, better things to do. I'm fair-weather at this point in my Viking fandom. Just been too disappointed too many times, at some point you realize its a waste of time and emotional energy. If they catch fire I'll climb back on the bandwagon, otherwise the beach is calling on Sunday afternoons. Its WAY to nice down in south Florida at this time of year to waste watching mediocre Viking's football. 
It is way not nice in south Canada (ND) but I don't want to watch a shit show either. I don't think we're fair weather fans, Sticky. If we were we'd be watching another team and cheering for them instead, which personally I could never do.
When I feel my chest getting tight because what I'm seeing on the TV is pissing me off I have to turn it off. I will always be a fan of this team but I don't have it in me anymore to sit through games like last night.
Of course, sometimes I think I curse the Vikings by watching them and I wonder if I should just not watch at all!