Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just enough to keep you watching.
Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
We need to move on from Barr and Richardson both if they want to be paid top 10 money at their position

Its time to protect the investment in Cousins and stop band aiding the oline
I have to agree with this. Barr and Richardson are both really good. I wish we could keep them both.
But the OL has to be addressed. Our 2 best O-lineman are Elflein in Reiff. They are the 2 we've invested in the most. That's not a coincidence at all. High picks and/or high dollars need to be allocated.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
We need to move on from Barr and Richardson both if they want to be paid top 10 money at their position

I agree and have said as much for at least a decade... however the right players need to be brought in.  I dont want them throwing stupid money at a OG ,  just because he is the top FA guard this year....the player needs to be a good fit and the money needs to make sense for the expected return.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I agree and have said as much for at least a decade... however the right players need to be brought in.  I dont want them throwing stupid money at a OG ,  just because he is the tool FA guard this year....the player needs to be a good fit and the money needs to make sense fo the expected return.
yep i like what pattersour said, high picks

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I have to agree with this. Barr and Richardson are both really good. I wish we could keep them both.
But the OL has to be addressed. Our 2 best O-lineman are Elflein in Reiff. They are the 2 we've invested in the most. That's not a coincidence at all. High picks and/or high dollars need to be allocated.

imo both,  high picks and a decent share of the cap, (although they are already doing that with Reiff and Remmers,  but we need to find better OG play than what Remmers is giving us so theres some cap space right there that should be re-allocated.  They need to go BPA,  but IMO they need to start grading their OL candidates higher if they can never justify taking one in the first with as bad as the OL has been an issue the last .... ( i ran out of fingers counting) number of years.  the sting of matt kalil has to be forgotten and dip back into that pool,  but we certainly cant risk next year on a rookie,  we need to get at least 1 more FA OG,  and that is in addition to resigning Easton if he doesnt come at a stupid price.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
So we beat the Eagles this year.  What else have we done since getting a lucky break against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

I really question if this team is anything special like we thought they were or would become.
The Vikings’ victories this season have come against San Francisco, Philadelphia, Arizona, the New York Jets and Detroit. None of those teams have a winning record and the five are a combined 15-35 this season. There was a time when a win over the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles on the road looked impressive but it’s clear this Philadelphia team is a complete mess.
In addition to the embarrassing loss to Buffalo in September at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings defeats have come against the Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans and Chicago.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
So we beat the Eagles this year.  What else have we done since getting a lucky break against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

I really question if this team is anything special like we thought they were or would become.
The Vikings’ victories this season have come against San Francisco, Philadelphia, Arizona, the New York Jets and Detroit. None of those teams have a winning record and the five are a combined 15-35 this season. There was a time when a win over the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles on the road looked impressive but it’s clear this Philadelphia team is a complete mess.
In addition to the embarrassing loss to Buffalo in September at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings defeats have come against the Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans and Chicago.
Yes, and then walk it back through last year.  Not very impressive.  We put up good stats but dont win big games.