Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chad Beebe era has begun
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The X-factor that can't be planned for with guys like Beebe is how hard they'll work and what their upside is exactly. He's apparently learned a bunch on the practice squad and takes it incredibly seriously. That attitude has paid off in spades with not only a roster spot, but plays being called for him. Cousins mentioned that he can 'separate' in short space, absolutely crucial. 

Like I mentioned, it made me laugh to how secret his ascent was. He gets the call up because of Diggs and then this flood of commentary from Zimmer and the players gushing over the guy. Not secret at all within the organization but much more so to the outside world. Neat story.
Would have been interesting to make his debut in a game agaisnt a tougher opponent like the bears or pats coming up.  New wrinkles are what wins those tough road match ups sometimes. 

I’ve thought for some time now, “having a tall, short and medium height WRs can create favorable matchups for the O.”
Some taller DBs just can’t stay with the little WRs and the short DBs have trouble with the tall WRs and great medium sized WRs gives them all fits.

Quote: @"Godhead" said:
I’ve thought for some time now, “having a tall, short and medium height WRs can create favorable matchups for the O.”
Some taller DBs just can’t stay with the little WRs and the short DBs have trouble with the tall WRs and great medium sized WRs gives them all fits.
So why not just have all great medium sized receivers? Smile

It will be interesting to see how the season progresses and diggs comes back healthy, will Beebe continue to earn snaps, especially in passing downs,   and potentially have 3 very difficult to cover wide receivers.  That would involve moving Theilen more to the outside, but ultimately this will likely be our best 3 wide receivers.   With a healthy cook we could really end up having a potent offense.  

Quote: @"Kmerry82" said:
It will be interesting to see how the season progresses and diggs comes back healthy, will Beebe continue to earn snaps, especially in passing downs,   and potentially have 3 very difficult to cover wide receivers.  That would involve moving Theilen more to the outside, but ultimately this will likely be our best 3 wide receivers.   With a healthy cook we could really end up having a potent offense.  
Taking Theilen out of the slot really changes his contribution level.  I am not sure if that is in the best interest of the offense.  Things seem to click best with him in the slot IMO,  but I would need more data to say anything defintively.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Godhead" said:
So why not just have all great medium sized receivers? Smile
cuz the great ones are hard to find and pay