Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chad Beebe era has begun
How did they keep all this in-team love for the guy under wraps? Man, dudes are gushing over the guy....even Z has a mini-chubby. Don't think he's going anywhere:

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikin...t-receiver

I was pushing for him to make the 53 out of camp,  he was easily the most impressive WR we had in the preseason,  especially when you factor in his return game abilities.  IMO with the emergence of Hill and Beebe on D and O respectively that should signal the end of Marcus Sherels time,  but I have been wrong about his demise so many times its not even funny.

The thing for me is this isn't some dude they brought up for a cup of coffee until Diggs gets back, they had PLAYS specifically for him and planned to use him. He's on the roster now, he's never going back to the PS. I don't know who gets cut when Diggs gets back, but Beebe isn't going anywhere. The reason I like it is the guy can bring something different to the WR core. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The thing for me is this isn't some dude they brought up for a cup of coffee until Diggs gets back, they had PLAYS specifically for him and planned to use him. He's on the roster now, he's never going back to the PS. I don't know who gets cut when Diggs gets back, but Beebe isn't going anywhere. The reason I like it is the guy can bring something different to the WR core. 
i was mildly surprised that he wasnt picked up by some other team when he was cut coming out of camp,  or signed off our PS when some other teams we looking for help due to injuries etc.  I really like the kids game.   They wont have to cut anybody as Diggs isnt on IR,  they are both currently on the 53.  They made room for Beebs by cutting the OT Norton last week.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
 They made room for Beebs by cutting the OT Norton last week.
Got it, thanks for the info. 

Will be interesting to see who is inactive in Chicago, provided Diggs is healthy. My guess is that Zylstra is the inactive one and Beebe is active

I really thought  he would  make  the roster to start the season  he is  a player

I like what he brings to broken down plays. He isn't always going to win separation in and out of his breaks but he is the type of player that you will lose in coverage if he's given extra time to run around in space. Like Aldrick Robinson, he can be a player that is extra dangerous just by being on the same page as Cousins when things break down.

The Lions were actually doubling him in the 2nd half, along w/ Thielen, talk about some instant cred! B)

The X-factor that can't be planned for with guys like Beebe is how hard they'll work and what their upside is exactly. He's apparently learned a bunch on the practice squad and takes it incredibly seriously. That attitude has paid off in spades with not only a roster spot, but plays being called for him. Cousins mentioned that he can 'separate' in short space, absolutely crucial. 

Like I mentioned, it made me laugh to how secret his ascent was. He gets the call up because of Diggs and then this flood of commentary from Zimmer and the players gushing over the guy. Not secret at all within the organization but much more so to the outside world. Neat story.