Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My attention quickly turned to Brees and The Saints...
The remarkable Drew Brees became the NFL's career leading passer earlier this month when he broke Peyton Manning's record. He is currently at 72,315 yards.Mike Zimmer spent the past two weeks preparing his defense to face a pair of rookie quarterbacks with a combined 11 NFL starts between them. This week, his attention shifts to an 18-year veteran and first-ballot Hall of Famer who has started 254 regular-season games.
“It’s different than it has been the last two weeks,” Zimmer admitted Monday. “This guy is amazing.”
Drew Brees appears ageless, too. Actually, he turns 40 in January but looks and plays like a guy stuck in his late 20s.
“I was watching tape, and I’m like, how old is this guy?” Zimmer said.
The Minneapolis Miracle will be replayed on a loop this week in anticipation of Sunday’s rematch between the Vikings and New Orleans Saints after their epic playoff game last January.
Overshadowed by the historic finish that day was the fact that Brees orchestrated a comeback for the ages that ultimately became a footnote when Stefon Diggs caught, turned and sprinted to delirium.
Had the miracle not materialized, Brees’ second-half brilliance would have been the focus. He completed 17 of 22 passes for 177 yards and three touchdowns in wiping out a 17-point halftime deficit.
He picked up this season where he left off, offering no signs of deterioration or acceptance of the NFL truism that aging remains undefeated.
Brees leads the NFL in passer rating at 121.6 (which would be a career-best) and completion percentage at 77.3 percent (which also would be a career-high). He has thrown 13 touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
Again, he’s nearly 40.
“He should retire,” Zimmer noted, perhaps only half joking...
http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-v...498265501/

This game has huge ramifications for later in the year. Just 3 weeks ago it didn't look like we had any hope at the playoffs let alone a bye. This is now the season we had hoped for. We expected to be in these types of games. Beat them and move to within 1/2 a game of the #2 seed. We appear to be finding our groove.
The season is now starting to resemble the year we wanted.
SKOL!!!

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
This game has huge ramifications for later in the year. Just 3 weeks ago it didn't look like we had any hope at the playoffs let alone a bye. This is now the season we had hoped for. We expected to be in these types of games. Beat them and move to within 1/2 a game of the #2 seed. We appear to be finding our groove.
SKOL!!!
Well said...This is why we're fans. I like our chances especially if we can get a few players back on D and a health Cook would be nice too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
SKOL!!!
Well said...This is why we're fans. I like our chances especially if we can get a few players back on D and a health Cook would be nice too. 

I've kinda been on a rant lately that too much is being said about and too much fear has been spilled over our defense. If and buts....It has been our identity. I get that. It's been letting us down. I say we make this game about our offense. As the thread title say "Brees and the Saints".  Lets try embracing the offense and start teams talking  about Cousins and company. This week we out dual the HOF'er. Lets beat them at their own game. If the defense decides to show up all the better. Just in case though lets prepare for a wild shootout. Not like the Saints have been really shutting good teams down either. If we go in thinking ball control and defense I fear we lose this important game.
Go get'em Kirk!

I don't think any Viking fan will have trouble embracing offense. It's head-spinning quick how the worm has turned as to the identity of this team (imo).

2018 Vikings have been about Cousins, Thielen and Diggs. The defense just disappointment till it got to play a few rook QB's.

Lot of it on them and the coaches, part on the leagues new rules, part of EG being gone too. 

I agree. Part of it is our fan base so desperately wanting a QB to call ours. The fans have been on board with the offense. Especially Kirk.  I think the coaches were too slow to adapt to the new reality of things. Rules changes and all. It really is time to fully let the horses run. Even if up by 17 points. My blood pressure can't handle anymore letting the defense close It out thinking. I don't have many dark hairs left.