Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My attention quickly turned to Brees and The Saints...
Was just hoping we could get out of Jersey with a win and no new injuries...

Yuge game Sunday night...

Minnesota pulled themselves up after getting knocked down and put themselves into a very good situation: the season really starts now this Sunday night. Saints and Lions at home the next 2 games, big. They need to win NFC games and ESPECIALLY NFCN games to get setup for where they want to be in early January. 

They've got some injuries, but honestly, so does everyone else. Just need to rely on depth and pull out wins. Grind. Would love to get Reiff back ASAP, but don't know if that will happen. Hey, they are playing important games with meaning and that's a good place to be as far as being a fan goes. We'll find out how it all goes down!

Whats the over/under on Mpls Miracle catch replays?  :p

Mike Triplett‏Verified account @MikeTriplett 13m13 minutes ago
More
Asked about returning to Minnesota this week, Sean Payton said the “revenge factor” is one of the most overrated ideas in football. Said they were two different teams in last year’s playoffs and it’s not like there was bad blood afterward.

On defense we could be without Hughes, X, Linval, Griff, Barr, and Sendejo.  Those are basically all starters, even Hughes.  The loss of Sendejo is not a huge deal. The rest are.
On offense we could be without Reiff, Compton, and Cook.  And we will have O'Neill, a rookie, against Cam Jordan.  And I think the Saints are the no. 1 run defense in the NFL.  Plus it will be on national TV. 
Doesn't look too good for the home team right now.

Quote: @dadevike said:
On defense we could be without Hughes, X, Linval, Griff, Barr, and Sendejo.  Those are basically all starters, even Hughes.  The loss of Sendejo is not a huge deal. The rest are.
On offense we could be without Reiff, Compton, and Cook.  And we will have O'Neill, a rookie, against Cam Jordan.  And I think the Saints are the no. 1 run defense in the NFL.  Plus it will be on national TV. 
That's what will make it way more fun watching the Saints get their a$$es kicked.  B)

Quote: @dadevike said:
Good run defense, but they've giving up more first downs via the pass than any team in the NFL. And only against Tampa's defense do QBs have a higher passer rating. 

And it's not like they've played a bunch of great offenses. They've played the Bucs, Browns, Falcons, Giants, Redskins, and Ravens...this will be a good one. Probably a shoot out. Cousins should find plenty of room to throw the ball if they can keep Jordan in check. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Good run defense, but they've giving up more first downs via the pass than any team in the NFL. And only against Tampa's defense do QBs have a higher passer rating. 

And it's not like they've played a bunch of great offenses. They've played the Bucs, Browns, Falcons, Giants, Redskins, and Ravens...this will be a good one. Probably a shoot out. Cousins should find plenty of room to throw the ball if they can keep Jordan in check. 
Hopefully they give O'Neill plenty of help.  Don't want any "welcome to the NFL" moments for him against Jordan. 

On D, hopefully Linval is healthy, and really don't want to face Brees without Barr or Rhodes.  I could care less about Sendejo.  I think Harris and Iloka are handling that spot quite well.

Get Barr, Linval, and X back and we will be fine. Their D is nothing special, especially against the pass which will allow us to light it up. We may not be able to run for 155, but we probably we be able to get AT19 and Diggs flying. It'll be more of a big nickel for our D, and asking our young DL to just pin their ears back and hit Brees.
38 Vikes - 27 Staints.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
Get Barr, Linval, and X back and we will be fine. Their D is nothing special, especially against the pass which will allow us to light it up. We may not be able to run for 155, but we probably we be able to get AT19 and Diggs flying. It'll be more of a big nickel for our D, and asking our young DL to just pin their ears back and hit Brees.
38 Vikes - 27 Staints.

Love it . . . and hope you are right. Of course, getting Barr, Linval, and X back for next week is easier said than done. X looked bad. I doubt he will be back next week. Barr looked like he tweaked a hammy. Let's ask Cook and Fournette how long they take to heal. Linval came back against the Cards and missed only 2 plays after his injury.  But with a week's rest he was unable to go against the Jets. So ...