Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Overreaction or not? Week 6 style
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Fans and media are too attached to their bold statements. Like I always say about almost every player...is he the best player at his position in the NFL? Maybe. He might very well be "right now." But was he that 4 weeks ago? What about 4 weeks from now? What about next year? What about all those potentially great receivers whose stats suffer due to poor QB play? What about his own teammate who tends to draw the defense's best cornerback? There's a lot of context to consider.  

And before anyone thinks I'm slamming Mr. Thielen, I'm not. I'm super jacked that we have two of the best receivers in the NFL, and a QB who can consistently find the open one. I don't feel a need to declare one better than the other. 

Who would I take in a vacuum? I'm starting a new team and I can take one receiver from the Vikings, each costing me the same amount, who do I take? Now that's a tough call. I suspect the answer to that question would change on a weekly basis. 
youre secretly taking treadwell arent you?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"KingBash" said:
Is there really a debate over which one of our wide receivers are better? A debate that we participate in and get heated about?
Yes. Is Crockett really the same without Tubbs?

Are the Avengers the same with just Thor or just the Hulk?

Is a PB&J sammich the same with only one ingredient?

Neither would be as good without the other.
The Hulk doesn't need Thor. Hulk smash. 
Thanos would beg to differ.
Wasn't a fan of that scene. No way in the comic book version would Hulk get his ass handed to him like that.
Thanos would beg to differ that as well. *adjusts nerd hat*...... Hulk's only real weakness is being taken by surprise before his rage works him up to be unstoppable. That plus Thanos uses basically cosmic energy, which Hulk is not immune to, and is a universe-level badass with it, means Hulk while he can smash a physical planet, would lose to Thanos 8 out of 10 times... before the infinity stones.  Give Hulk time, though, and he can resist even beings as huge as Prime Evolutionary (who basically made Adam Warlock) and even gross application of cosmic energy (to whit, Silver Surfer).

Quote: @"Al (The Lochstar) Heurung" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"KingBash" said:
Is there really a debate over which one of our wide receivers are better? A debate that we participate in and get heated about?

Wasn't a fan of that scene. No way in the comic book version would Hulk get his ass handed to him like that.
Thanos would beg to differ that as well. *adjusts nerd hat*...... Hulk's only real weakness is being taken by surprise before his rage works him up to be unstoppable. That plus Thanos uses basically cosmic energy, which Hulk is not immune to, and is a universe-level badass with it, means Hulk while he can smash a physical planet, would lose to Thanos 8 out of 10 times... before the infinity stones.  Give Hulk time, though, and he can resist even beings as huge as Prime Evolutionary (who basically made Adam Warlock) and even gross application of cosmic energy (to whit, Silver Surfer).
Ok---sounds like it's been a long time since I've read a comic book or been to a movie

Stay off my damn lawn

Quote: @"Al (The Lochstar) Heurung" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
@"KingBash" said:

I'd love to see Galactus get involved at this point now with Thanos, but won't happen and it wouldn't be much of a battle. As for the Hulk, yes the madder he gets the stronger he gets, but to basically get defeated in what? 10 seconds? Its never happened, no matter the foe. I read Marvel and DC comic books growing up, heavy on Marvel. I know the graphic novels of the last 20 years things have changed, but.....