Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Griffen won’t be back with Vikings ‘any time soon’
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Probably best to shut him down and put him on IR....need the roster spot and he can take his time to return. 
Ive thought that from the start of this ordeal,  same with Sherels,  why didnt they either cut him or put him on the IR designated to return list?  carrying a guy on the roster 6 weeks into the season that havent played a down and we are razor thin at OL and other positions.  IIRC we only had 2 DE for yesterdays game with Bowers being hurt and Griff being out.

Probably best to shut him down and put him on IR....need the roster spot and he can take his time to return. 
I think just the fact that he hasn't been placed on IR means the Vikings are hoping he can come back at some point this season. Obviously, none of us has any clue about what it's going to take, but I would guess that it's a matter of evaluating his condition, making sure he's not a danger to himself or his family, setting up a drug program, making sure it's effective, making whatever adjustments are needed and then reevaluating. That could take some time, but a return in 6 to 8 weeks is probably not out of the question. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I think just the fact that he hasn't been placed on IR means the Vikings are hoping he can come back at some point this season. Obviously, none of us has any clue about what it's going to take, but I would guess that it's a matter of evaluating his condition, making sure he's not a danger to himself or his family, setting up a drug program, making sure it's effective, making whatever adjustments are needed and then reevaluating. That could take some time, but a return in 6 to 8 weeks is probably not out of the question. 
So tough to say, dr's I'm sure dont even know how he'll do in a medication program (if that's part of the correction needs).

Anyways, 6-8 weeks puts the team at week 10 or 12...Not sure if football shape is attainable that late in the season or not?

Then again, they'd probably love him fresh if they're still in a playoff hunt mode and of course EG's personal health is most important now. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
I really feel for Everson. Mental health issues are in many ways not disimilar to diseases like diabetes. Both involve chemical processes in the body not functioning correctly. I am very happy to see his health is being taken seriously by everyone.
The saddest thing is society at large still does not take Mental Health issues seriously enough. The stigma is still very strong. I am glad he is getting the help he needs. Mental health issues are a huge issue in this country that need more attention and solutions. 

It isn't IR.  It should be Non Football Injury.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
It isn't IR.  It should be Non Football Injury.
or is it ?