Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Griffen won’t be back with Vikings ‘any time soon’
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...tweetembed&ref_url=safari-reader%3A%2F%2Fwww.1500espn.com%2Fvikings-2%2F2018%2F10%2Freport-everson-griffen-wont-back-vikings-time-soon%2F

I would have been much more surprised if he were to return soon...

Yeah, there is no timeline when it comes to mental health. I hope we see him back at some point this season, but he needs to what's best for his health. At least, Weatherly is starting to get more comfortable at DE.

What I expected to hear. So next report will be he'll return soon. When he's ready he will return. If and when he can.
Not a broken bone. There is no time table.

This is as expected. He needs to focus on his health and wellbeing right now.

It's not surprising and it's the right course of action.  Get him back on track and improve his mental health.  Let him get back into a normal routine and see where he is at this off-season.  No need to rush him back before he's ready mentally.

Life is more important than football.  Hope he gets well soon.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
It's not surprising and it's the right course of action.  Get him back on track and improve his mental health.  Let him get back into a normal routine and see where he is at this off-season.  No need to rush him back before he's ready mentally.

Life is more important than football.  Hope he gets well soon.
That's what I've heard. Hard to rap my head around it sometimes...lol.
Yep get well soon. Rushing back could only be bad. Routine and structure is needed.

Probably best to shut him down and put him on IR....need the roster spot and he can take his time to return. 

I really feel for Everson. Mental health issues are in many ways not disimilar to diseases like diabetes. Both involve chemical processes in the body not functioning correctly. I am very happy to see his health is being taken seriously by everyone.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Probably best to shut him down and put him on IR....need the roster spot and he can take his time to return. 
Thats probably one of the key questions the front office is wrestling with...Not sure if the player/agent/office is aligned either. And we may never know that.