Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Well that was the fastest Indian Summer ever..
Warning: Stupid dumb old people jokes from my wifes cousins...

Georgia
The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.
He called her into his office and said, "Y’all graduated from the University of Georgia and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"
The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everthang but my earrings.”

Louisiana
A senior citizen in Louisiana was overheard saying, "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana ..."

When asked why, he replied, "I’d rather be in Louisiana ‘cause everythang happens  in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the world."

Mississippi
The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!”
Bubba replied, "Did y’all see who it was?"
The young man answered, "I couldn’t tell, but I got the license number."

North Carolina
A man in North Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it.
Then he got back in the car to wait.
A passerby studied the scene as he drove by, and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.  The man replied, "I got a flat tahr.”
The passerby asked, "But what’s with the flowers?"
The man responded, "When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither."

Tennessee
A Tennessee State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-65.
The trooper asked, "Got any ID?"
The driver replied, "Bout whut?"

Texas
The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch. The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch?
Don’t you see that sign right over your head."

"Yep," he replied. "That’s why I’m dumpin’ it here, ‘cause it says: ‘Fine For Dumping Garbage.’"

Y’all kin say whut y’all want ‘about the South, but y’all never heard o’ nobody retirin’ an’ movin’ North, have ya?

84 yesterday afternoon around 3ish...
36 this morning at 6am.  Didn't know it was going to get that close to freezing... left my orange trees outside...
Currently 48.   

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
When I've flown up to Minnesota at Christmas to visit it's pretty harsh. You leave Florida and it's in the mid - upper 50s° then you land in the frozen north and it's 0° or minus. Try adjusting your biology to 60° change in 3 hrs. They have a good laugh at us because we're like total winter wimps.
I miss the change in season. I just know I can't handle what it changes into after this many years. The heats not for everyone either.
Enjoy
 Wink 
In south Florida, I'm swimming in the ocean on Christmas Eve, its warmer than upper 50s by me. It still get into the lower-to-mid 70s for daytime highs in December in Boca Raton. You in north Florida?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I've got buddies who live in Tornado Alley. Can get nasty there with crazy temp swings

I love Fall, the change of seasons and a white Xmas. I'm just ready for Spring by February - not 30 below and 8 more weeks of winter. 

Sounds like I better move to Nashville or some place like that one day...Maybe Carolina's
NC bound myself...the plan was to semi-retire at the start of 2019...little ole heart attack is going to delay that by a year...sigh...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I've got buddies who live in Tornado Alley. Can get nasty there with crazy temp swings

I love Fall, the change of seasons and a white Xmas. I'm just ready for Spring by February - not 30 below and 8 more weeks of winter. 

Sounds like I better move to Nashville or some place like that one day...Maybe Carolina's
NC bound myself...the plan was to semi-retire at the start of 2019...little ole heart attack is going to delay that by a year...sigh...

My great grandma used to have a saying "people plan and the lord laughs"

He had a good chuckle with you - but you're here and typing on a forum and I'll bet your grateful for that. 

Take care of yourself and find a reason to smile everyday you got purple bros...

28 this am. bright sunny morning no wind, was pretty darn nice.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:0
@"suncoastvike" said:
When I've flown up to Minnesota at Christmas to visit it's pretty harsh. You leave Florida and it's in the mid - upper 50s° then you land in the frozen north and it's 0° or minus. Try adjusting your biology to 60° change in 3 hrs. They have a good laugh at us because we're like total winter wimps.
I miss the change in season. I just know I can't handle what it changes into after this many years. The heats not for everyone either.
Enjoy
 Wink 
In south Florida, I'm swimming in the ocean on Christmas Eve, its warmer than upper 50s by me. It still get into the lower-to-mid 70s for daytime highs in December in Boca Raton. You in north Florida?
Central Florida. North Pinellas co. It gets in the 40s some nights. Daytime temps can still get in the 70s even around Dec and Jan. Mostly you can count on days in 50s -60s with lows in the 40s-low 50s at night. Rarely a hard Frost. I love Dec -Feb no A/C and maybe a little heat at night. Nice low power bills. The thing I always say to my northern family is our 40 is different then theirs. Our 40s still have a fair amount of humidity. Its a damper feeling 40s.
Edit: went I fly out it's in the early morning. Temp will be 50s.

This weekend is a special youth deer hunting weekend in Illinois and it is supposed to be 85º Saturday and Sunday. Not the temps you want for deer hunting