Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Well that was the fastest Indian Summer ever..
Yesterday's high here in Worthington, MN: 55 degrees (about 4 pm)
Overnight low: 52 (about 8 PM , then slowly rising)

High temp Oct. 3: 84 degrees (4 pm)
Temp at 8:30 PM: 50 degrees 

That's a 34-degree drop in barely 4 hours. :# 
And Mother Nature, the bitch, isn't done yet.  Current temp: 39 degrees (45 degree drop) with a forecast overnight low of 34.

And nothing but below-average temps the entire 10-day forecast.  I'd read we're supposed to have a relatively mild winter this year.  Guess they didn't tell us it was starting Oct. 4 instead of Dec. 21. Grrr.  And Brrr.

When I've flown up to Minnesota at Christmas to visit it's pretty harsh. You leave Florida and it's in the mid - upper 50s° then you land in the frozen north and it's 0° or minus. Try adjusting your biology to 60° change in 3 hrs. They have a good laugh at us because we're like total winter wimps.
I miss the change in season. I just know I can't handle what it changes into after this many years. The heats not for everyone either.
Enjoy
 Wink 

Yep... a little further north we went from 74 degrees yesterday afternoon to 28 degrees this morning.  46 degree swing in 12 hours.

It was 27° on my morning bike ride to work today.  Lots of snow moving into ND and MN tomorrow too.  Glad I got the docks and lifts out of the lake last weekend.  Weather has been pretty cool/cold since the 87° day we had at the cabin when I was watching the Vikings/Packers game.

I had to go take pictures of the leaves changing colors. It's so beautiful and when the sun hits it's absolutely stunning. Oh sorry I guess I took the conversation a different direction.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
When I've flown up to Minnesota at Christmas to visit it's pretty harsh. You leave Florida and it's in the mid - upper 50s° then you land in the frozen north and it's 0° or minus. Try adjusting your biology to 60° change in 3 hrs. They have a good laugh at us because we're like total winter wimps.
I miss the change in season. I just know I can't handle what it changes into after this many years. The heats not for everyone either.
Enjoy
 Wink 
We call that Tuesday in South Dakota.  :p

I've got buddies who live in Tornado Alley. Can get nasty there with crazy temp swings

I love Fall, the change of seasons and a white Xmas. I'm just ready for Spring by February - not 30 below and 8 more weeks of winter. 

Sounds like I better move to Nashville or some place like that one day...Maybe Carolina's

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I had to go take pictures of the leaves changing colors. It's so beautiful and when the sun hits it's absolutely stunning. Oh sorry I guess I took the conversation a different direction.
I agree is a beautiful time of year.  Leaving the house, the sun was coming up over the horizon with leaves turning all kinds of bright colors falling into the streets.  My commute into the office felt like a very crisp fall day, and I loved it.  B)

Usually these morning temps in the 20s are at the end of Oct or Nov.

Nine months of ice and snow.
Three months of damn hard sledding!

I love it! I get to be outside in the heat all spring and summer. I was over the heat (and it was a hot summer here) by september.