Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with this defense?????
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I was there in person; Defense got absolutely shredded. Not sure what it looked like on TV but 1) Goff had all day and 2) WRs were running totally free with no one within 8 yds of em on many plays. And when they were actually covered, Goff was slinging dimes and beating the defense anyway.
Really hard to watch them getting chunk gains of 8-15 yds for most of the night.
I'm not a defensive genius like Zimmer is but no pressure with our front 4 seems to a big problem to me. :/
This.

was there also...trying to remember when we last used the double A gap blitz...or our last game with multiple sacks.

Goff had all night to throw, and was first sacked in I think the third QTr by Hunter...and that was it. He was never under pressure. Just carved us up all night. 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
Finally get a QB and the #1 Defense turns to #2. Why oh why. Oh well morning comes early.
So true...Thought the same thing to myself last night. And these D issues dont look like something a few tweaks are going to make go away. 

Something is really wrong and I'm starting to question it all - cause this has been going on since the New Orleans game.