Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peters, Talib and Whitworth OUT for Rams Thursday
I'm hoping yesterday's debacle will put a fire in these guys.  I certainly don't think Zim got dumber in the last two years and I'm not buying these "young, offensive geniuses" that are picking apart these "old" defensive coaches who aren't changing their approach.
Folks, it's execution.  We've got a young talented team who have had some tremendous success in the recent years.  But they are human and fall into the trap of walking on the field expecting the other team to faint.  Once we got down by 17 points they began pressing and fundamentals are the first casualty...in tackling, maintaining your gaps and avoiding costly, STUPID penalties.
We beat the LA last year and Thielen had a great game.  It's time for the Vikes to embrace the underdog role and bite some big-a** chunks outta the Lambs!!!

SKOL!

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
I remember posting back in March or so how I didn't believe in this team. I said we were a fluke, and I hated saying it. But it's true.

I love me some Vikings, but this team sucks. Zimmer is a flash in the pan and Cousins is "who we thought" he is.

Time to enjoy the next few months but I doubt we'll be excited in January. 
LOL. You sure do live up to your name...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"KingBash" said:
I remember posting back in March or so how I didn't believe in this team. I said we were a fluke, and I hated saying it. But it's true.

I love me some Vikings, but this team sucks. Zimmer is a flash in the pan and Cousins is "who we thought" he is.

Time to enjoy the next few months but I doubt we'll be excited in January. 
I have problems with Zimmer myself. Nobody's perfect. However he's led us to 2 division titles in 4 years. We had zero for the previous 4 and only 2 since 2001 before he arrived. Does he suck or the team. Seems to me we've been respectable since he took over. Sucking is what we've grown accustomed to.
I don't see Zim as a flash in the pan type.  And Cousins is 10x better than what we had for the last 2 years.  I would wager if we had Cousins last year, we would have been facing NE in the superbowl.  I didn't see this type of proclamation after he lit up Green Bay.
Yeah, what was that article that quoted the AFC coach last week? Cousins is a star and will tear up the league? I prefer good news to bad, but let's take both extremes with a measure of prudence. 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
I'm hoping yesterday's debacle will put a fire in these guys.  I certainly don't think Zim got dumber in the last two years and I'm not buying these "young, offensive geniuses" that are picking apart these "old" defensive coaches who aren't changing their approach.
Folks, it's execution.  We've got a young talented team who have had some tremendous success in the recent years.  But they are human and fall into the trap of walking on the field expecting the other team to faint.  Once we got down by 17 points they began pressing and fundamentals are the first casualty...in tackling, maintaining your gaps and avoiding costly, STUPID penalties.
We beat the LA last year and Thielen had a great game.  It's time for the Vikes to embrace the underdog role and bite some big-a** chunks outta the Lambs!!!

SKOL!
Lol, we have one of those "young offensive geniuses".  Zim is a defensive guru, always changing, always innovating.  That doesn't mean his change or innovation can't fail.  But he is too good to continue to let it fail ala Frazier.

And yes, some of it is on young "talent".  Talent that isn't always focused and gets caught biting or peeking.  I will say this much, I sure hope Waynes stays healthy.  Any talk of trading him was way over the top. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

SKOL!
Lol, we have one of those "young offensive geniuses". 
We do? That remains to be seen. He's young, I'll give him that much. Other than that, a lot to prove. We sure as hell haven't seen it yet, that's for sure.

Love Zimmer, coach is the real deal.
At some point a player needs to be a professional.
Kickers, O-line, D-backs....you're paid to do your job.you're paid to win your matchup

The guys on the other side get paid too

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Ralphie" said:

SKOL!
Lol, we have one of those "young offensive geniuses". 
We do? That remains to be seen. He's young, I'll give him that much. Other than that, a lot to prove. We sure as hell haven't seen it yet, that's for sure.
That is what was said in the off-season.  I am not advocating for that title after the Bill's game.

Better tap the breaks, Whitworth is fine, Peters is day to day( & not ruled out) now as for Mr.Talib he might need surgery.
Aqib Talib may need surgery, getting second opinion Tuesdayhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/aqib-talib-may-need-surgery-getting-second-opinion-tuesday/

Whitworth wasn’t even listed on today’s injury report...