Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peters, Talib and Whitworth OUT for Rams Thursday
This is your chance, Minnesota, to show you aren't a fraud. Go get it. 

Pass all over the place! figure out how to block up the middle for 2 seconds (CUT Compton) and let Diggs and Theilen get some room. Let Cook use his ability to catch and speed on the outside. Don't let the Rams destroy Kirk, use his accuracy with our quick twitch route runners!!!

Every little bit helps, but I'm far more afraid of Donald and Suh going against our makeshift line. I expect a different Viking team on Thursday. Hopefully the one that crushed the Rams last year. That was an 11-5 team we beat 24 to 7. Shut down Gurley, nearly doubled their first downs, doubled time of possession, rendered Donald irrelevant. If the Vikings can get embarrassed at home, so can the Rams. Might help if we're big underdogs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Every little bit helps, but I'm far more afraid of Donald and Suh going against our makeshift line. I expect a different Viking team on Thursday. Hopefully the one that crushed the Rams last year. That was an 11-5 team we beat 24 to 7. Shut down Gurley, nearly doubled their first downs, doubled time of possession, rendered Donald irrelevant. If the Vikings can get embarrassed at home, so can the Rams. Might help if we're big underdogs. 
Looks like we are. Opening line is Rams by 7. Totally DISRESPECT! Or whatever works...

Yeah saw Talib and Peters go down and thought....."Wonder what their status is for Thursday?"
hate to see teams derailed by injury (Except Packers) but if this helps the Vikes....I'm down.

I'll take it. Anything that helps. Nobody in this league feels sorry for anyone. Sure they don't like guys they play against getting hurt. That's not the same a going easy because your short handed though. This from a fans perspective gives me hope.

I remember posting back in March or so how I didn't believe in this team. I said we were a fluke, and I hated saying it. But it's true.

I love me some Vikings, but this team sucks. Zimmer is a flash in the pan and Cousins is "who we thought" he is.

Time to enjoy the next few months but I doubt we'll be excited in January. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
I remember posting back in March or so how I didn't believe in this team. I said we were a fluke, and I hated saying it. But it's true.

I love me some Vikings, but this team sucks. Zimmer is a flash in the pan and Cousins is "who we thought" he is.

That's an easy default. For longtime Viking's fans, we've always been ultimately disappointed. Its how the story has always ended. Keep in mind that the NFL is very unpredictable. You just never know.

I'm not saying you aren't right. I'm not saying deep down, I might agree that is the way its probably going to go down. I'm also saying sometimes, things go better than you think when you least expect it to. Let's watch a bit more football first.

Quote: @KingBash said:

I have problems with Zimmer myself. Nobody's perfect. However he's led us to 2 division titles in 4 years. We had zero for the previous 4 and only 2 since 2001 before he arrived. Does he suck or the team. Seems to me we've been respectable since he took over. Sucking is what we've grown accustomed to.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@KingBash said:

I have problems with Zimmer myself. Nobody's perfect. However he's led us to 2 division titles in 4 years. We had zero for the previous 4 and only 2 since 2001 before he arrived. Does he suck or the team. Seems to me we've been respectable since he took over. Sucking is what we've grown accustomed to.
I don't see Zim as a flash in the pan type.  And Cousins is 10x better than what we had for the last 2 years.  I would wager if we had Cousins last year, we would have been facing NE in the superbowl.  I didn't see this type of proclamation after he lit up Green Bay.