Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Split
Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"Max" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 
I agree AGR.  Ritchie is banned from both boards so there really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
when did ritchie get banned from VikingHorn? I thought I just saw him over there. 
I will never hide the fact that I had issues with his posting style. I said so several times there and just recently called him out again. As for being banned badger would know. Ritchie hasn't posted in a week.  Honestly if he was banned I believe some there would have held a memorial service...lol. Some.  The way some defended and encouraged his behavior  made me walk away on more then one occasion. Took a little break. It's how I came here. That and a invite. Ritchie enjoyed being Ritchie. I did take issue with his style. His was to throw a fire bomb. Not back it up with anything. Then sit back and giggle... No I'm not wrong... I wouldn't mind not mentioning him again. I'm not stating anything new that people there don't know about my feelings on him. 
Edit: I never had a chance to see him in action here before the split. But I've seen plenty.
I tried to tell you that you didnt understand the whole history... others have also dropped fire bombs and sat back and watched... 

Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"Max" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
If richie was to be belived he had a valid complaint. Im not sure if Ive heard the other side but it doesnt particularily matter. 

I dont think ritchie would have gotten this website (not necicarily board) to where it is right now because he didnt share the same vision mike and tom have.

Ive said before, I wish we could all get along because more opinions on kur favorite team is a good thing. But Im no fool and know when feelings are hurt rightly or wrongly people rarely actually bury the hatchet. 
I agree AGR.  Ritchie is banned from both boards so there really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
when did ritchie get banned from VikingHorn? I thought I just saw him over there. 
I will never hide the fact that I had issues with his posting style. I said so several times there and just recently called him out again. As for being banned badger would know. Ritchie hasn't posted in a week.  Honestly if he was banned I believe some there would have held a memorial service...lol. Some.  The way some defended and encouraged his behavior  made me walk away on more then one occasion. Took a little break. It's how I came here. That and a invite. Ritchie enjoyed being Ritchie. I did take issue with his style. His was to throw a fire bomb. Not back it up with anything. Then sit back and giggle... No I'm not wrong... I wouldn't mind not mentioning him again. I'm not stating anything new that people there don't know about my feelings on him. 
Edit: I never had a chance to see him in action here before the split. But I've seen plenty.
I tried to tell you that you didnt understand the whole history... others have also dropped fire bombs and sat back and watched... 
That's fine Bob. I never doubted your sincerity about it. I only can respond to what I seen going on now. Ritchie was bad board business now. Whatever brought it to that doesn't really change anything. They made this call to ban at VH based on now not then. I wasn't here at VF when this board made their call. I won't pretend I do know that history. 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"Max" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

That's fine Bob. I never doubted your sincerity about it. I only can respond to what I seen going on now. Ritchie was bad board business now. Whatever brought it to that doesn't really change anything. They made this call to ban at VH based on now not then. I wasn't here at VF when this board made their call. I won't pretend I do know that history. 
Ritchie earned his banning in both places absolutely no doubt about it. My point was you were talking about dropping fire bombs and then just sat back and watched, I said others have as well.... 

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"Max" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

The truly funny thing is, knowing full well what Ritchie was capable of, the shotcallers over there thought it was a good idea to reach out to him and invite that abortion to their board.  I'm sure he'll resurface again.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"suncoastvike" said
@"suncoastvike" said:
@"Max" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

The truly funny thing is, knowing full well what Ritchie was capable of, the shotcallers over there thought it was a good idea to reach out to him and invite that abortion to their board.  I'm sure he'll resurface again.
The shotcallers here came over and joined Ritchie Blackmore's board..(before Mike took over) knowing Ritchie's antics.  You and I came over to VF on the same day Barr.  Not sure anybody at the Viking Horn reached out to him....he kind of showed up drunk on the doorstep and we gave him shelter for a while.  Since he's not part of either board anymore...how about we let this thread go?  It's football season.....
They're just two different boards...not a bad thing....just a thing.  You want original content, this is the place to be.  You want a more active message board...that may be the place.  Choose one or the other or both as many posters do.  It sucks that the boards split...but that's way old news.

You did get a WTF Troy Aikman button on the board as a Ritchie Blackmore souvenir...so you can thank him for that.

And the answer to the Ritchie Blackmore bonus question is Joe Satriani was the interim guitar player for Deep Purple after Ritchie.  Awww shoot...better check if there's a member by the name.....lol

http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/8...-blackmore

Unlike some, I have no problem backing up what I say Wink

Sort of stockerish you could just whip that thread out. 

Who are you? All it took was a simple search and a good memory. I look forward to your third post

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
http://vikinghorn.proboards.com/thread/8...-blackmore

Unlike some, I have no problem backing up what I say Wink
Ugh....you really can't let this thread go Barr?  Is the guy that has been "permanently" banned from this board 3 or 4 different times really asking why another board would give a new poster a second chance particularly in that new boards infancy?  Is that really a serious question?
The Viking Horn welcomes new members...much like this board used to do...and Ritchie was among those.  We have other members like Uncle that had been previously banned from this board yet haven't caused a single issue for the moderators on the other board....and in fact adds a lot of content to that board.  You win some...you lose some.  Again, I'm not sure why we spend time talking about it.

As I said above, the direction of this board changed, and some decided to leave when Purp1eOne put the Viking Horn Board together.  It saved me the fate of learning to wear green and gold and join the Frozen Tundra....lol.   At least I'd be talking Vikings football this week anyway...  

The focus on this board became less about a message board and more about
original content production.  It was unfortunate but I get it.  Tom is a very talented
interviewer.  I suspect if he lived in market, he'd be doing it for
"real".  Many of us just wanted to talk about Vikings football and life...and the new board allowed us to continue to do that.

Sorry to hear about your health scare Barr.  That sucks....way too young for that stuff.  Take care my friend.
Seriously....let this thread go.  I noticed this thread no longer promotes when you post to it...so the Mods are trying to help make it go away....probably sage (no capital Sage) advice.
Good to see some of the old faces.  You know where to find us.