Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isidora to start at center for Vikings against 49ers
[Image: d3evKI0G_bigger.jpg]Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer
FollowFollow @Andrew_Krammer
More
Kirk Cousins: Not ideal taking snaps from a new center in Week 1, but trying to build a rapport with Brett Jones ahead of Sunday. “He’s going to have to play center in the NFL like he’s done for games already.”
9:16 AM - 5 Sep 2018
2 replies2 retweets22 likes
Sounds like it’s going to be the fng @ center per Cousins... Wink

It sure does seem like this regime thinks that OL are just plug-and-play (as though there's no issues if you play them in a different position).  I love Zimmer... but this is one of those things that I don't get.  Moving Remmers in the playoffs last year was dumb.  And playing Isadora at center (when we just traded for a center) seems equally dumb.  Let Isadora play RG... keep Remmers at RT... put someone at LG (until Elf is ready)... and Reiff at LT.  Play Jones at center until Elf is healthy... then slide Jones over to LG.

I cannot imagine Zimmer putting any of his LBs in a different spot in the case of an injury; he's just put the back-up in and keep everyone else the same.  So shy does he do it with OL?

So it sounds like

Reiff-Isodora-Jones-Remmers-Hill for game 1 and 2

Game 3
Reiff-Jones-Elf-Isodora-Remmers

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
they have to win... i somehow happend to reside in a small pocket of niner fans whos shit talking is second to none.  this has to be a win or I will never hear the end of it.
Im literally in the Belly of the Niner Beast living hear in the Bay Area - been interesting listening to local sports talk radio over here. They pretty much are saying that our D has no weaknesses, but our O line - and they know about our Center position. But I need to be able to walk into my bar and give them some serious shit after the game - It will be brutal if we lose. Just brutal.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
they have to win... i somehow happend to reside in a small pocket of niner fans whos shit talking is second to none.  this has to be a win or I will never hear the end of it.
Im literally in the Belly of the Niner Beast living hear in the Bay Area - been interesting listening to local sports talk radio over here. They pretty much are saying that our D has no weaknesses, but our O line - and they know about our Center position. But I need to be able to walk into my bar and give them some serious shit after the game - It will be brutal if we lose. Just brutal.
The leader of the local nauseating  niner numbskulls was really giddy tonight.  Alfred Morris is going to run all over our D and some WR is to fast for our DBs to cover based on one play last preseason.  He thinks they will have a very good game.

We seldom run on the niners---expect a pass attack to set the tone.  pick em apart underneath until the lanes open up for long ball and then let Diggs earn that contract

I really hope this isn't Chapter Number 836 being written in the "Viking's Fan's EXCUSES for Losing Handbook". Using " 2nd year, 3rd round pick injury" as an excuse for a loss would be beyond pathetic.

After reading/hearing about what an elite team the Vikings are, and how LOADED and young they are for the past 2-3 YEARS, losing to a team with a 2017 record of 6-10 (and run by a GM with @18 MONTHS of experience), at HOME on opening day, would be inexcusable. 

Time to put up or shut up. Losing at home, on opening day, to these 49ers would not bode well for road games against GB, Rams, Patriots, Eagles or even the Lions and Bears. 

You never know what the season holds, but anything short of a deep playoff run (2 wins minimum) would be a monumental failure for this so-called elite team. 

As has been my mantra (since 1999), I'll believe them to be elite when I SEE it. Until then, it's just regurgitated propoganda that I have been hearing for almost 50 years. 

Peace and Skol. 

Quote: @njvike said:
I really hope this isn't Chapter Number 836 being written in the "Viking's Fan's EXCUSES for Losing Handbook". Using " 2nd year, 3rd round pick injury" as an excuse for a loss would be beyond pathetic.

After reading/hearing about what an elite team the Vikings are, and how LOADED and young they are for the past 2-3 YEARS, losing to a team with a 2017 record of 6-10 (and run by a GM with @18 MONTHS of experience), at HOME on opening day, would be inexcusable. 

Time to put up or shut up. Losing at home, on opening day, to these 49ers would not bode well for road games against GB, Rams, Patriots, Eagles or even the Lions and Bears. 

You never know what the season holds, but anything short of a deep playoff run (2 wins minimum) would be a monumental failure for this so-called elite team. 

As has been my mantra (since 1999), I'll believe them to be elite when I SEE it. Until then, it's just regurgitated propoganda that I have been hearing for almost 50 years. 

Peace and Skol. 
Dude, lay off the kool-aid man.  Your over the top homerism gets a bit sappy.  We haven't played a game yet, so hold off on the superbowl predictions.

Yup, nothing worse than a big ole steaming plate of regurgitated propoganda...