Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isidora to start at center for Vikings against 49ers
Brian Baldinger‏Verified account @BaldyNFL 16m16 minutes ago
More
.@vikings will start Danny Isidora at center this week making his 2nd NFL start; his first at center. It’s not “a can of corn” going into the pivot for the first time. Snaps can be an issue. I wish #63 well. #BaldyBreakdowns

My guess is Brett Jones might start at LG? I'd prefer that over Compton. Reiff-Jones-Isidora-Remmers-Hill and lets ride.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
More
.@vikings will start Danny Isidora at center this week making his 2nd NFL start; his first at center. It’s not “a can of corn” going into the pivot for the first time. Snaps can be an issue. I wish #63 well. #BaldyBreakdowns
I think Danny Isadora could be a helluva center, even better there than at guard, but my God, he's had how many snaps there this summer? A handful? That's a pretty bold move. 

I figured this was the route that was going to be taken when Zimmer said Center is is Isidora's natural position, he also has ideal size for a center.  Now the ultimate question is this, does it allow Jones to just stay at guard for the entire season, or once Elfien is healthy does he switch over to guard and Isidora stay at center.  They are obviously impressed with his skillset to essentially change his positions after a week or two at the new position.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
More
I think Danny Isadora could be a helluva center, even better there than at guard, but my God, he's had how many snaps there this summer? A handful? That's a pretty bold move. 
I heard the coaches were very pleased with Jones at guard on Friday. Big time. I think Isidora opened some eyes with how natural he was at center. 

i guess my question is can he read and make line adjustments or will Remmers be doing that since he has the most experience in our system?

pretty bold to start 1 guy in the same spot as your starters last year. the entire unit turned over. could be an interesting year. 

Jones just got here. He may have surprised everyone with how quickly he picked up the plays and assignments, but it is a bit much to expect him to start week 1.  Give him another week or 2. 

holy shite how many shotgun snaps will he have to make

Ok so what's the deal with Elflein? 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Ok so what's the deal with Elflein? 
He's back practicing but they said he wasn't going to start week 1. Hasn't practiced enough.