Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K Carlson continues to knock 'em straight in OTAs
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
screw field goals.... can he make the extra points?  
I laughed.....but its true.
I am typically the boards kicker apoligist but damn our last couple kickers make me uneasy when it comes to some of the simpler aspects of their trade.

We've all seen what an accurate kicker with a big leg can do for this team.  I'm actually kind of excited about this kid...  all the reports sound pretty impressive.

I missed the reliability of Fred Cox.

This is a bogus competition really. 

How stupid would the Vikings look if they traded up to get a kicker and then he does not make the team?

Even the Bucs managed to hang onto their disaster for a season.

Forbath knew right away that he was done and that any competition is just for show.

If Carlson was a 4th round offensive lineman then Forbath may have had some hope.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
This is a bogus competition really. 

How stupid would the Vikings look if they traded up to get a kicker and then he does not make the team?

Even the Bucs managed to hang onto their disaster for a season.

Forbath knew right away that he was done and that any competition is just for show.

If Carlson was a 4th round offensive lineman then Forbath may have had some hope.
Yep. Unless Carlson is a disaster in preseason and TC. Doesn't appear like that will be the case.

Would Forbath intentionally kick badly in OTAs because he would rather be waived sooner than later?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Would Forbath intentionally kick badly in OTAs because he would rather be waived sooner than later?
Might be smart. Better to suck now then say pre-season if they take it that far. Pre-season games are on video. OTAs not so much. Could help get a invite if they don't see it.