Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K Carlson continues to knock 'em straight in OTAs
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 5m5 minutes ago
More
Tom Pelissero Retweeted Chad Graff
Forgot to tweet this after watching OTA last week: the ball just explodes off Carlson’s foot. #Vikings having them go kick-for-kick but the rookie seems like a good bet.
Tom Pelissero added,
Chad GraffVerified account @ChadGraffVikings kickers each attempted four field goals in front of the team today.
Kai Forbath went 3 for 4, missing from 50.
Daniel Carlson went 4 for 4 with a bomb on his 50-yard kick that would’ve been good from 60.

1. Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 12m12 minutes ago
    More
    Daniel Carlson went 5 of 5 in team drills including a long of 50. Kai Forbath was 3 of 4, missing from 50.

2. [Image: d3evKI0G_bigger.jpg]Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 58s59 seconds ago
    More
    Carlson has looked impressive during three OTAs open to reporters. The 50-yard FG made today might’ve been good from 60-plus.

Rookie K worked well for the Eagles last year...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Rookie K did good for us couple years back.  Then not so much.  But Forbath is going to be unemployed real soon thats for certain. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Rookie K did good for us couple years back.  Then not so much.  But Forbath is going to be unemployed real soon thats for certain. 
You know, I try really hard not to think about that...

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I heard that the Seahawks are looking for a kicker!

I would think it's pretty close to decided. Having a strong leg accurate rookie kicker was fun the last time. Hope he doesn't flame out before year 3. Forbath will find a job. Plenty of bad kicking going around. Kia isn't bad just not great.

Besides accuracy alone the new kickoff rules really favor Carlson. Teams now need a guy who can get the ball out of the back of the end zone a majority of the time. It negates the impact of the non running start. 

screw field goals.... can he make the extra points?  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
screw field goals.... can he make the extra points?  
I laughed.....but its true.