Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Mike Hughes to the Vikings at #30
Quote: @Ponifan said:
I see the value in him if he replaces both Sherels and Newman.  Sure, that would be great and it frees up a roster spot. 

But he is still not worth a #1, no way. 

We passed on Hernandez too.  He was my last rookie starter at OL.  The rest of the OL prospects are more projects.  Even Daniels may need a year.  At this point, it may make little difference if we draft an OL in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Strange.  Obviously, the team feels they have the talent needed at OL.  Is Isadora that good?
Hmmm. How is it that Minnesota landed a Starter on the O-Line last year in the 3rd Round in a class that was not as deep as this one, which apparently won't produce any starters after Round 1 despite that depth?

Minnesota Miracle? 

Quote: @FSUVike said:

Hmmm. How is it that Minnesota landed a Starter on the O-Line last year in the 3rd Round in a class that was not as deep as this one, which apparently won't produce any starters after Round 1 despite that depth?

Minnesota Miracle? 
Good point...  and I would also add that I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Isidora wins a starting job at RG this year.  Zimmer and the coaching staff had some good things to say about him last training camp.  Fans sure seem to forget about him.
Let's face it, there are still plenty of good interior OL and a couple solid OT prospects hanging out there.  Add in the fact that there are some really good RBs and defenders still on the board and it wouldn't shock me at all if we have our pick of a good OG or OT at 62. 

@Ponifan said:
I see the value in him if he replaces both Sherels and Newman.  Sure, that would be great and it frees up a roster spot. 

We passed on Hernandez too.  He was my last rookie starter at OL.  The rest of the OL prospects are more projects.  Even Daniels may need a year.  At this point, it may make little difference if we draft an OL in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Strange.  Obviously, the team feels they have the talent needed at OL.  Is Isadora that good?

Minnesota Miracle? 
Ok I'll play Beavers 4th Clemmings 4th Yankey 5th  these are the highest picks since Kahlil in 2012...5 dbs in 4 yrs in 1st 2 rds in comparison. And now our 84 mill QB gets the same shit show from last years average at best OL! I would have been thrilled to take 2 OL in the 1st 3 rds. I've been watching this circus routine at OL too fucking long! Build both lines...the iggles killed on on both.

Quote: @ATXVIKE said:
@FSUVike said:
@Ponifan said:

Minnesota Miracle? 
Ok I'll play Beavers 4th Clemmings 4th Yankey 5th  these are the highest picks since Kahlil in 2012...5 dbs in 4 yrs in 1st 2 rds in comparison. And now our 84 mill QB gets the same shit show from last years average at best OL! I would have been thrilled to take 2 OL in the 1st 3 rds. I've been watching this circus routine at OL too fucking long! Build both lines...the iggles killed on on both.
Weaker interior draft classes. Who would you have reached for? Williams coming off a season so poor he went from top 15 lock to out of the first?

Hernandez, who can pull but absolutely not at the same level as Reiff, Easton, Elf or Remmers?

Daniels? Went from #1 ranked Center to being the third one drafted IF he doesn't get passed by anyone else. I trust the collective wisdom of the GM crowd on this one. Gut tells me they think he needs to get stronger.

Those guys are still good prospects, I want to be clear about that. They just aren't as good as Price, Ragnow and Wynn who were all gone through no fault of Rick's.

And more importantly, they're all still available. Along with my favorite kid Crosby. And Corbett. And Brown. And Okorafor. And Smith.

Yeesh! That's a lot of kids! And some will still be available in the 3rd. Which is exactly where they got Elf in a weaker class. How'd that turn out?

Weaker interior draft classes. Who would you have reached for? Williams coming off a season so poor he went from top 15 lock to out of the first?

Hernandez, who can pull but absolutely not at the same level as Reiff, Easton, Elf or Remmers?

Daniels? Went from #1 ranked Center to being the third one drafted IF he doesn't get passed by anyone else. I trust the collective wisdom of the GM crowd on this one. Gut tells me they think he needs to get stronger.

Those guys are still good prospects, I want to be clear about that. They just aren't as good as Price, Ragnow and Wynn who were all gone through no fault of Rick's.

And more importantly, they're all still available. Along with my favorite kid Crosby. And Corbett. And Brown. And Okorafor. And Smith.

Yeesh! That's a lot of kids! And some will still be available in the 3rd. Which is exactly where they got Elf in a weaker class. How'd that turn out?
But, but, but...  the Vikings were supposed to fill their biggest need with that 1st round pick!!!
:-D

Quote: @Wetlander said:
There are still quite a few good offensive line prospects hanging out there...  James Daniels, Will Hernandez, Connor Williams, Tyrell Crosby, Austin Corbett, Brian O'Neill, Braden Smith, etc... 
And we might trade up for one of them...

I think   so many  of us were  expecting  a off linemen pick that initially  there  was  a lot of two was this  at  the hugh pick but  he is one of the better  CB in the draft  worthy of being a 1st round  pick  I like the pic  but would have rather gone off line