Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Minnesota Trade Out Of The First Round
na we pick up waynes 5th yr without a doubt....well unless he kicks through a door and shreads his leg. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
na we pick up waynes 5th yr without a doubt....well unless he kicks through a door and shreads his leg. 
So even if we did pick Oliver at 30 you would still pick up Waynes 5th?  Or would you not want us to draft Oliver?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think there's a very good chance the Vikings trade down. Obviously, it depends on who's available when we're on the clock. I could see us adding another pass rusher to our rotation, but to me there are two players that we may not be able to pass on and may not want to risk being swiped ahead of us if we do trade down. And that's Isaiah Wynn and Will Hernandez. Both seem to be the kind of guards who can start right away in our scheme. Wynn could be the next Randall McDaniel. A perfect fit for a team who will run a lot of outside zone runs with Dalvin Cook. 

I'd prefer a tackle here, but the more I look at the tackles the less I like. I think Connor Williams is the best, but he might be a better fit at guard. Same with Tyrell Crosby. McGlinchey might be there. He's overrated as a top 10 pick but maybe not so much at 30. I think Orlando Brown is being severely underrated by his poor combine numbers. But is he a fit for what we want to do? He could be a trade down target if the buzz about him dropping to the 2nd day is true. Just not sure it is. 

Really like some of the day-two interior guys like Ragnow and Corbett, perhaps opening that 1st pick to a pass rusher or a corner. Two weeks from today we'll know....
Wynn or Daniels are the only interior lineman I'd consider at 30 for MN. Otherwise there is more value waiting for Ragnow/Corbett in the 2nd or early 3rd. Any of the OT's make sense though since the talent drops off extremely fast. 
So if Wynn and Daniels are gone are you looking to move down or is there a CB, DL or OLB that you could see us grabbing at 30 and waiting for Ragnow/Corbett?
The thing about trading down is that you always need a partner, which is hard to predict so far down in the first round. There are just so many variables. 

But if the O-lineman are gone I'd expect them to be interested in most of the top available CB. Huhges, Alexander, Jackson, Oliver. Otherwise Hurst still makes sense with the Richardson signing since you could play them side by side when you want to get after the QB. The TE's Goedert & Gesicki fit. Plus a guy like Lorenzo Carter would fill a pass rushing need while also challenging Gedeon.