Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterback Wing About To Expand At The Factory Of Sadness
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If I were the gm of the browns,  I don't take a QB in the first unless I come back in at the end of the first.  I just am left unimpressed by this year's crop of passers.  No point in wasting a premium pick to say I got a QB....any QB.

Yup...they're losing a HOF O-lineman to retirement.  They best focus on protecting whatever bag of donuts lines up behind center.
With the picks and cap room they have,  plus the current crop of talent,  Cleveland isn't to far from being able to compete with a bag of doughnuts under center.  That roster is for real and only getting better.  It's crazy but with the decline imminent in Pittsburgh and neither the bengals or Ravens looking like they are making improvements ,  the browns could be a year away from contending for that division. 
except they will find a way to Brown it.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
If I were the gm of the browns,  I don't take a QB in the first unless I come back in at the end of the first.  I just am left unimpressed by this year's crop of passers.  No point in wasting a premium pick to say I got a QB....any QB.

Yup...they're losing a HOF O-lineman to retirement.  They best focus on protecting whatever bag of donuts lines up behind center.
With the picks and cap room they have,  plus the current crop of talent,  Cleveland isn't to far from being able to compete with a bag of doughnuts under center.  That roster is for real and only getting better.  It's crazy but with the decline imminent in Pittsburgh and neither the bengals or Ravens looking like they are making improvements ,  the browns could be a year away from contending for that division. 
except they will find a way to Brown it.
We used to think that about the packers and bucs broncos and plenty of other teams.  The Browns have been a mess for a while but you cant argue that they arent looking up.

Really, Browns, how hard is this:

1. Saquon Barkley (I distrust Rosen the least of the QB's... but Barkley is AD's body with passing game skills )
4: Chubb
33: Mike White
35: OL

Chubb and Myles Garrett beat Big Ben into retiring after 2018, 2019: Your AFC North Champion Cleveland Browns!

Jimmy if you're perennially sp? on the bottom all you can do is look up.  Get the other pieces and call Kap if he'll play nice.

As to Josh Rosen---is it just me or does it seem he can heave the rock but accuracy wise on his long ball is more like a punt than a pass(defender has equal or better chance of coming down with it.)

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
Jimmy if you're perennially sp? on the bottom all you can do is look up.  Get the other pieces and call Kap if he'll play nice.

As to Josh Rosen---is it just me or does it seem he can heave the rock but accuracy wise on his long ball is more like a punt than a pass(defender has equal or better chance of coming down with it.)
just  saying,  the browns get no respect,  but they arent far off in terms of talent to contend,  pretty soon that roster will start to over come the front office and coaching deficiencies.  Imagine if the pats and belicheat got pissy and he went back to cleveland?  imagine what he could do with that talent and the additional resources they have currently have available.

IMO Josh Allen is not a certain bust, but he is dependent on landing in a good situation. If the Giants draft him, and he gets to sit behind Manning for a year, or even two, while being tutored by Shurmur, he really might turn into a superstar. But in Cleveland, the odds are they will go on a losing streak and Jackson will get pressure to bench Tyrod Taylor and start the rookie, ready or not. Then Jackson will get fired, maybe the entire front office, and a new staff will arrive with no attachment to Allen.

Sorry, I don't think talent ever catches up to a bad front office.

Fascinating.  I didn't even think about them waiting until the second to take a QB.

Barkley and Chubb would be a great draft for them.  And if they really wanted to, they could get back into the mid-first.

For that matter, if the Browns take Barkley #1 and the NYG decide to not go QB and instead take Chubb (they did let JPP go IIRC), then either Darnold or Rosen drops into the Browns' lap at 4. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

Theres still time to find a homeless guy and get their advice!!!
Why not? It couldn't hurt. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

It would be interesting to see.  I'm sure the Browns fans are thinking the same way.  Some analysts have been predicting a big turn around before the last couple of seasons, and then they go and win one and zero.  They could have just jumped the gun a little too early...?  It's gotten to the point that it almost feels impossible for them no matter what they do.  I mean, we're not talking five years or a decade, they've been garbage for almost three decades now.  Garbage being so smelly they've only been able to even achieve a .500 record three times in 25 seasons!  As they add all these talented players though it has started to feel impossible for them to not start winning more...