Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarterback Wing About To Expand At The Factory Of Sadness
Josh Allen - QB - PlayerNFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reports that "people familiar with the Browns' thinking" expect them to take Josh Allen with the first-overall pick.
"Just in talking to people around the league. It really picked up in the last week. A lot of people telling me, 'Hey, I think it's going to be Josh Allen.' It's either guys that have worked with John Dorsey or guys that are familiar with that room." The first-overall hype for Allen has faded since the Combine, but he fits the profile of quarterbacks Dorsey has drafted more than Sam Darnold. Allen's playing style is also a better scheme match for OC Todd Haley, who coordinated Ben Roethlisberger for six years. After trading for Tyrod Taylor, the Browns may be leaning toward Allen's upside over Darnold's floor.Related: BrownsSource: Cleveland Plain Dealer

His game doesn't stand up to minimal scrutiny, but what a rocket launcher hanging off his right shoulder...

The guy scored 3 points against Iowa.  Speaking of which:

Allen 2017: 56.3%, 6.7 ypa, 16/6 TD/INT
QB "X" 2017: 55.8%, 6.9 ypa, 26/6 TD/INT

The identity of Mr X?  Iowa sophomore QB Nate Stanley, not exactly on anyone's hot list to be leaving as a junior.  

Poor Cleveland fans...every draft is a nightmare video set on auto loop. 
[Image: les-yeux-c3a9carquillc3a9s.gif?w=840]

This would be just like the Browns...  draft the QB who has the lowest floor of any of the top QB prospects.

It should be Darnold or Rosen going early...  heck, I'd draft Mayfield before Josh Allen.

Theres still time to find a homeless guy and get their advice!!!

I need to update my $100,000 Franchise QB Study

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
This would be just like the Browns...  draft the QB who has the lowest floor of any of the top QB prospects.

It should be Darnold or Rosen going early...  heck, I'd draft Mayfield before Josh Allen.
Me too. What I really don't get is this: "Allen's playing style is also a better scheme match for OC Todd Haley." Based on the Browns history, Haley will be gone soon and that will be a moot point. Just draft the guy with the least amount of bust factor (IMO, that's Darnold) and mold your team around him. Or better yet, take Chubb and Barkley at 1 and 4 and Mike White in the 2nd. Zero pressure and Mike White could end up being the best QB from this draft. Imagine Myles Garrett on one side and Chubb on the other. Imagine Barkley with that line (Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler). Their receivers are Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman and Njoku. There's some talent on that team; they just need to stop busting on QBs. 

If I were the gm of the browns,  I don't take a QB in the first unless I come back in at the end of the first.  I just am left unimpressed by this year's crop of passers.  No point in wasting a premium pick to say I got a QB....any QB.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
If I were the gm of the browns,  I don't take a QB in the first unless I come back in at the end of the first.  I just am left unimpressed by this year's crop of passers.  No point in wasting a premium pick to say I got a QB....any QB.

Yup...they're losing a HOF O-lineman to retirement.  They best focus on protecting whatever bag of donuts lines up behind center.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Yup...they're losing a HOF O-lineman to retirement.  They best focus on protecting whatever bag of donuts lines up behind center.
With the picks and cap room they have,  plus the current crop of talent,  Cleveland isn't to far from being able to compete with a bag of doughnuts under center.  That roster is for real and only getting better.  It's crazy but with the decline imminent in Pittsburgh and neither the bengals or Ravens looking like they are making improvements ,  the browns could be a year away from contending for that division.